By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The order's 1886 first review 7,5/10

Welp, least now we get a good idea of where it will probably land

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

My vote is 5/10.

Too many QTEs.

Well, that's one review down. Let us see the rest come in three days time. Still rooting for the game because of its pre-release reception and still wish Ready At Dawn all the best!

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Yep! I taught QTE would ruin this game.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
My vote is 5/10.

Based on what?

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Sounds fair enough. I have no quarrel with QTE so it won't be a negative for me (unless the final boss or a major boss is QTE exclusive)

I'll get my money's worth if I enjoy the game and what it offers. I usually only play A new game for about an hour a day (If it is fairly linear, like TLoU and Uncharted) to elongate the over experience, makes me look forward to my next play if the game is interesting enough.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Those damn QTEs.. They'll never fucking go away!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I am ok with QTEs, and I have no issue at all with the reviewer marking the game down because of them. But I find it odd that they lump QTE and cutscenes together in terms of game time. QTEs are gameplay so should not be added to cutscenes to differentiate active vs passive time in a game. That you don't like QTEs is not a reason to equate them with cut scenes.
7hrs long is short. That's the sort of game length you come to expect from a fps that considers its principal game mode to be MP. Glad it's not the 5 hours being trolled on the internet, but still disappointing that a reviewer got through the game in 7.
7.5 is a decent score and the pros are not just about visuals.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

They played this on easy?? If I'd play uncharted on easy I would be able to beat the game in maybe less than 7h. This game should be played on hard

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0