By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U will never beat PS Vita! (real sales)

nanzano said:
tbone51 said:

Let me ask you this, how much do you think PSP shipment is at (estimate)? 79mil? 79.5mil? 80.5mil?

I don't think here we have it  "IGN reported that 82 million PSP were manufactured and shipped at end of production." so end of Q2 2014

Here's the thing though. It was over 82mil (ok i guess we can just say 82mil) and why is Sony announcing PSP+PSV shipments together still if PSP were discontinued?

As of that article " in which he was given one of the last 30 PSPs ever manufactured as a present (there are 82 million PSPs in the wild)" He mentions 82mil are in the wild (meaning shipped) not how much exactly psp manufactured. It just says he's gotten one of the last ones made.

Anywayz, The 82mil figure (which is at the "Least" amount of shipped) proves that im right about Vita not close to 12mil.

93.2Million PSVITA+PSP is the official combined #. Subtract 82mil and that leaves a figure of 11.2mil. That number represents the absolute most Vita is at. Of course PSP is still shipping, maybe just to the small countries? It could be anywhere between 100k-800k more shipped from that last statement (this cant be proved that either way for an official #)

Anywayz, unless we get an official psp number, we wont know for sure yet. Vita Shipped #s are definitely over 10mil but less than 11mil (by 2015).

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
nanzano said:

I don't think here we have it  "IGN reported that 82 million PSP were manufactured and shipped at end of production." so end of Q2 2014

Here's the thing though. It was over 82mil (ok i guess we can just say 82mil) and why is Sony announcing PSP+PSV shipments together still if PSP were discontinued?

As of that article " in which he was given one of the last 30 PSPs ever manufactured as a present (there are 82 million PSPs in the wild)" He mentions 82mil are in the wild (meaning shipped) not how much exactly psp manufactured. It just says he's gotten one of the last ones made.

Anywayz, The 82mil figure (which is at the "Least" amount of shipped) proves that im right about Vita not close to 12mil.

93.2Million PSVITA+PSP is the official combined #. Subtract 82mil and that leaves a figure of 11.2mil. That number represents the absolute most Vita is at. Of course PSP is still shipping, maybe just to the small countries? It could be anywhere between 100k-800k more shipped from that last statement (this cant be proved that either way for an official #)

Anywayz, unless we get an official psp number, we wont know for sure yet. Vita Shipped #s are definitely over 10mil but less than 11mil (by 2015).

looolll that math!!! You definitly don't want to accept it! 800k PSP shipment in 2014??? even 200k is not posible due to japan where lot of game on PSP like toukiden where still released and it ended up selling 97K unit in 2014.

So let me explain you, 93.2 M is as of Q2-Q3, 82Million is the MAX estimation so it could at 81.5, where do you put Q4 shipment? because Q3 end in september 31 so 11.2+ a minimum of 0.6M( based on statistics) -> 11.8+ -> ~12M

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

nanzano said:
tbone51 said:

looolll that math!!! You definitly don't want to accept it! 800k PSP shipment in 2014??? even 200k is not posible due to japan where lot of game on PSP like toukiden where still released and it ended up selling 97K unit in 2014.

So let me explain you, 93.2 M is as of Q2-Q3, 82Million is the MAX estimation so it could at 81.5, where do you put Q4 shipment? because Q3 end in september 31 so 11.2+ a minum of 0.6M( based on statistics) -> 11.8+ -> ~12M

We aren't talking japan, we are talking smaller countries that get their games late, like how ps2 was selling in its last year or 2. (It wasnt being shipped to US/Japan/UK/etc).

Why do you keep on adding? It wasnt an estimation, he literally said over 82mil in the wild unless your calling him a liar? There is no mor than 11.2mil Vita's Shipped by end of 2014. That is 100% Correct, again unless this guy flat out lied.

Oh btw, your mixing up Q3 Fiscal Year and Q4. 93.2mil is by end of 2014, not Sept.

So one last time 93.2mil is Vita+PSP Shipments as of 2014 (Dec). There are more than 82mil PSP Shipped WW before Holiday 2014. That means 11.2mil is unaccounted-for. Obviously most of this is the vita but not all of it. But lets say if all of it were Vita, That means the Absolute Max Vita shipped is 11.2mil, Nothing more, only less is a possibility.

Thank you all for the great discussion, my goal was to make everyone attentive that the Vita is massivly undertracked in this site and my strategy worked very good a lot people read this thread (hopefully ioi too). I don't wanted to make fun of the Wii U (which some thought) but with the Wii U and the Vita in a comparison more people would have read this thread. Wii U and PS Vita are both great consoles imo!!!

Dr.Vita said:
Thank you all for the great discussion, my goal was to make everyone attentive that the Vita is massivly undertracked in this site and my strategy worked very good a lot people read this thread (hopefully ioi too). I don't wanted to make fun of the Wii U (which some thought) but with the Wii U and the Vita in a comparison more people would have read this thread. Wii U and PS Vita are both great consoles imo!!!

If you only wanted to draw attention to the Vita being undertracked on VGC then what's the point of comparing the Vita sales to the Wii U? 

Around the Network
small44 said:
MikeRox said:

Both questionable. Vita already way ahead of Wii U in terms of software releases in 2015.

Vita has 4 2015 releases so far with a Meta of 75 or higher.

Wii U has 1 2015 release so far with a Meta of 75. That same game is also on Vita where the meta is 66 for an identical game.

What this has to do with the topic quality dosn't always mean more sales

Read the post that Mike quoted, Small. 
"More games and better games are coming out on the Wii U this year"

Mike simply argued against the bolded. 

Squeezol said:
Dr.Vita said:

If you only wanted to draw attention to the Vita being undertracked on VGC then what's the point of comparing the Vita sales to the Wii U? 

The community saldly tends to ignore threads that don't start a war between consoles. Sad but true. This has been done to death. Let's not forget all the "3ds outsold vita 32:1" and the like. 

MikeRox said:

nearly half of Vita software sales are digital apparently. I said the vast majority of Vita titles are digital only (as in releases, not sales).

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-02-11-48-percent-of-vita-game-sales-are-digital

This is up from 1/3 of sales being digital in 2013.

Are Nintendo making a profit on Wii U hardware? I thought their latest projections suggested that due to having to resume Wii U manufacturing their profits were going to be lower at the end of this next quarter than they are Financial Year to Date? The reason profitability went up so much was that manufacturing didn't need to occur as they were still clearing out inventory that had previously been put on the books meaning a lot of the hardware sold this financial year for Wii U was 100% profit.

There was a thread on here about it recently as Nintendo expect their end of year profits to be lower than than year to date profits were as of Q3. Unless they're planning having a huge marketing campaign?

Also if you include Amiibos, I can see them continuing to print money for Nintendo. That really was a stroke of genius.

Damn, that's quite high! But as pointed out by another user here, Wii U also have digital sales, albeit probably not as high a percentage as on the Vita. Couple that with all the accessories for Wii U (controllers and Amiibos) I think it's safe to asume Wii U is making more money for Nintendo than Vita for Sony. Let's not forget that most games on Vita are 3rd party games, which means less money for Sony than from a 1st party game. On the other hand, most Wii U games are 1st party games made by Nintendo, which means more money than from a 3rd party game.

And as far as I know, Nintendo are now making a profit from the Wii U HW, but I can't be sure of course. But let's not forget that Sony lost money on the Vita as well.

So all in all, by the end, I think Wii U will have been a more profitable venture for Nintendo than Vita will have been for Sony. Both are massive failures though. I canät imagine either company being happy with the consoles.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

WIthout official announcements about Vita sales its all guesses.
The two interesting poiunts are, Sony hasnt yet announced 10m Vita sold through, so it is likely it did not happen.
Sony as well still counts PSP and Vita together, and the old PSP was still on sales until recently.

If anyone takes wishful thinking aside, Vita is not selling good. It is likely not 'massively' undertracked though probably slightly undertracked.

Everyone hoping that Vita sales will explode with China as a new market, i dont believe that either. Most people over there will likely play on their Smartphones or buy a gaming tablet with cheap games that likely fit better to chinese tastes.

Setting one device that barely sells against another one that doesnt sell just shows how hopeless the situation has gone.

Paatar said:
Panama said:
Unless there's a Pokemon RPG coming out this year I haven't heard about, it doesn't get much bigger than Mario Kart and Smash Bros. If that's all the Wii U could muster in sales for 2014 with those heavy hitters, then Nintendo themselves would be well aware that they need to do something.

1. Zelda U

2. Star Fox U

3. Xenoblade Chronicles X

4. Splatoon

5. Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

6. Devil's Third

There are a whole lot more as well, (Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Maker, Project Giant Robot, Project Guard, etc) PLUS the addition of the unannounced surprises that Nintendo said they have for us. Which it probably includes Animal Crossing U and Metroid U. Both system sellers. So, yeah.

I hate to state the obvious, but none of those will sell as well as Mario Kart and Smash Bros.