By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U will never beat PS Vita! (real sales)

tiffac said:
Dr.Vita said:
Thank you all for the great discussion, my goal was to make everyone attentive that the Vita is massivly undertracked in this site and my strategy worked very good a lot people read this thread (hopefully ioi too). I don't wanted to make fun of the Wii U (which some thought) but with the Wii U and the Vita in a comparison more people would have read this thread. Wii U and PS Vita are both great consoles imo!!!

Holy Smokes, Doc! What have you done? XD XD XD

Nothing dude, just want no Fanboy war here. :)

Around the Network

Unless we get a nice price cut in 2015, I also think 2014 could be Wii U's peak year. I think the baseline is going to be higher in 2015, but it'll be missing the peaks created by MK8 & Smash. Will be interesting to see Nintendo's sentiment when they give this year's forecast.

My 8th gen collection

Is this the Dr. for Vita?

The Doctor for Nintendo is Dr. Tre

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Panama said:
Paatar said:

1. Zelda U

2. Star Fox U

3. Xenoblade Chronicles X

4. Splatoon

5. Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

6. Devil's Third

There are a whole lot more as well, (Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Maker, Project Giant Robot, Project Guard, etc) PLUS the addition of the unannounced surprises that Nintendo said they have for us. Which it probably includes Animal Crossing U and Metroid U. Both system sellers. So, yeah.

I hate to state the obvious, but none of those will sell as well as Mario Kart and Smash Bros.

So does everything have to be compaired to those two now? Of course the games won't. Smash and Mario Kart have always beat Zelda. The point of that post is the fact that more games for people are being released. GOOD ones too. Meaning that the baseline will go up. Plus, Zelda wii most definitely push consoles. Xenoblade might if they decide to bundle it in the west like they are in Japan right now. Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem has the potential. Splatoon I feel will sell a lot, but not be a huge system seller.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

DanneSandin said:

Do you know the attach rate of Vita?

'In the US, Vita owners on average have purchased more than 10 games' - Jack Tretton E3 2013

Best I could find, he also says '60% of Vita title purchases are made through the playstation store' at that E3. But like someone else linked, an updated figure is 48%, Sony it told IGN a year ago. 

hoggin' all the action, I see...

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Samus Aran said:

It's not big. Just like Bravely Default is not a big game. Pokémon, Youkai Watch, Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter are big.

Disagree with this, Your comparing S Class to B Class practically. Tales of, God Eater, Kirby, Persona are all big games in japan. It doesn't have to sell 2mil+ to be considered a big game. 

Just different tiers In Japan, anything over 100k in sales there is pretty big. 95% of games dont hit over 100k there. If i had to break it downoverall it be something like this...

SS Tier: Pokemon/Animal Crossing/Dragon Quest/Mnster Hunter/ Youkai Watch (as of now)

S Tier: 2D Mario/Final Fantasy/Mario Kart/Resident Evil/Tomodachi/Luigi's Mansion (this one is arguable)

A Tier: Tales of/3D Mario/Mario Party/Fire Emblem/Kirby/God Eater

B Tier: Zelda/Freedom Wars/SMT/Bravely Default/Persona (this will definitely move up with P5 imo)

Very arguable. 2D Mario can be tier SS. I don't think Tomodachi's one game + Luigi's Mansion can be grouped together with FF and 2D Mario.

It's not a bad list of tiers though. Would probably slide Tales of to B Tier and Fire Emblem completely off the list.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:

Disagree with this, Your comparing S Class to B Class practically. Tales of, God Eater, Kirby, Persona are all big games in japan. It doesn't have to sell 2mil+ to be considered a big game. 

Just different tiers In Japan, anything over 100k in sales there is pretty big. 95% of games dont hit over 100k there. If i had to break it downoverall it be something like this...

SS Tier: Pokemon/Animal Crossing/Dragon Quest/Mnster Hunter/ Youkai Watch (as of now)

S Tier: 2D Mario/Final Fantasy/Mario Kart/Resident Evil/Tomodachi/Luigi's Mansion (this one is arguable)

A Tier: Tales of/3D Mario/Mario Party/Fire Emblem/Kirby/God Eater

B Tier: Zelda/Freedom Wars/SMT/Bravely Default/Persona (this will definitely move up with P5 imo)

Very arguable. 2D Mario can be tier SS. I don't think Tomodachi's one game + Luigi's Mansion can be grouped together with FF and 2D Mario.

It's not a bad list of tiers though. Would probably slide Tales of to B Tier and Fire Emblem completely off the list.

Yeah your right, its hard as it shouldnt be reflected as of 1 game sales (like FE, which could potentially be a B Tier Franchise).

As your suggestion with Tomdachi+Luigi's Mansion, i guess it should be broken into more tiers because i agree.

Dayum, thisis hard lol

I wouldn´t be so sure. Vita only survives thanks to the Japanese market, but how long PS3 ports will keep japanese consumers interested on it? WiiU on the other side still has some games that may get the attention of some consumers like Zelda, Star Fox, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem etc. Tough call.

Wiggy said:

DanneSandin said:

Do you know the attach rate of Vita?

'In the US, Vita owners on average have purchased more than 10 games' - Jack Tretton E3 2013

Best I could find, he also says '60% of Vita title purchases are made through the playstation store' at that E3. But like someone else linked, an updated figure is 48%, Sony it told IGN a year ago. 

Well the 48% I found was global, at the time Tretton announced the 60% digital attachment for the US, global digital attachment was about 33%.

It doesn't suprise me that the US has a higher digital attachment rate than Japan. Far more games are digital only in the US (and Europe) so Japan is likely dragging the digital attachment rate down globally.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:

It doesn't suprise me that the US has a higher digital attachment rate than Japan. Far more games are digital only in the US (and Europe) so Japan is likely dragging the digital attachment rate down globally.

Do you think Japan's attach rate is better or worse than the US for the vita? I think US might have more cheap downloadable games that can boost its numbers, but im not sure as I'm not really familar with the Japanese market.

hoggin' all the action, I see...