By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U will never beat PS Vita! (real sales)

ktay95 said:
Who care both are failures -_-
And I wanted to love them both oh so much... well at least Vita had P4G, still waiting for my totally made the purchase worth it game on WiiU

You don't love them because they are selling bad?

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
ktay95 said:
Who care both are failures -_-
And I wanted to love them both oh so much... well at least Vita had P4G, still waiting for my totally made the purchase worth it game on WiiU

You don't love them because they are selling bad?

No because thanks to them selling bad they dont get the support they deserve. If WiiU sold like Wii Im sure 3rd parties would have jumped on it just like they did with Wii, maybe we would have had games that used the gamepad well too.
The Vita on the other hand has like 95% less home console ports then the PSP had and a whole lot less awesome exclusives too.

RolStoppable said:
It's definitely possible.

Nobody should look at this situation and think that the Wii U will sell more because Nintendo actually supports it. When you factor in the potential customers, then it's clear that Nintendo will have a much harder time because people didn't bite despite what Nintendo already put out; on the other hand, the Vita can sell in developing markets on the basis of repackaged FIFA games, so expectations are considerably lower and therefore much easier to meet. If it were otherwise, then the Vita would already be selling just as bad in Europe and the rest of the world as it did in North America.

This ...

Just because there are higher expectations for the WII U doesn't mean people on these forums should count out the Vita just yet ...

I think most of VG Chartz member agree that Wii U will out sell Vita but the shipment number say differently. So i guess Wii U will have a slightly super small better gap sales then Vita or Vita will have a slightly super small better gap sales then Wii U. Lol both system is not worth defending

now that would be ironic

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
No.

Wii U will beat Vita lifetime. Vita is only alive in Japan, and there it's being crushed by the 3DS. There's no contest.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts, thanks for saving me the typing

mikerox what games are coming out for 2015 that will satisfy vita owners? im generally curious as the only game I know I want, digimon, still doesnt have a western release date.

MikeRox said:
Paatar said:
More games and better games are coming out on the Wii U this year. Wii U is selling more per week than Vita. Nah. Vita will loose overall this gen.

Both questionable. Vita already way ahead of Wii U in terms of software releases in 2015.

Vita has 4 2015 releases so far with a Meta of 75 or higher.

Wii U has 1 2015 release so far with a Meta of 75. That same game is also on Vita where the meta is 66 for an identical game.

1. Ratings have nothing to do with sales. Look at Bayonetta 2

2. Wii U has better QUALITY games. Vita is getting games of the same genre that most people don't know about, regardless of how many there are. :)

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Inconsistent statement and figures without any basis. In fact, it is possible that the Wii U has already exceeded the PS Vita sales.

I will explain why the PS Vita is overtracked (AGAIN), SO PAY ATTENTION:

Reports Sony portable consoles (PSP + PS Vita) from launch of Vita (Q3 / 11) Until Q3 / 14 (OFFICIAL NUMBERS)

Q3 / 11: 2.4

Q4 / 11: 0.9

Q1 / 12: 1.4

Q2 / 12: 1.6

Q3 / 12: 2.7

Q4 / 12: 1.3

Q1 / 13: 0.6

Q2 / 13: 0.8

Q3 / 13: 2.0

Q4 / 13: 0.7

Q1 / 14: 0.75

Q2 / 14: 0.7

Q3 / 14: 1.4

Total: 17.25 M PSP + PSVita (Shipped)

PSP sold in the period According to VGChartz: 9,670,736

Source: 80,680,020 (30th Dec 2014: http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2014/Global/) - 71,009,284 (the 01st Oct 2011: http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/40818/Global/)

80,680,020 - 71,009,284 = 9,670,736

PSVita sold in the period According to VGChartz: 9,593,806

Total PSP + PSVita According to VGChartz: 19,264,542

PSP + PSVITA OVERTRACKED BY ABOUT: 2 MILLION UNITS

Too be honest I think that Wii U already outsold Vita (or PSP is overtracked by about 1,5 M)

Fanatismo não leva a nada, apenas a colecionar antipatias.

Collection: Telejogo Ford-Philco, Dactar, TV Game 2600, Master System (2x), Master System Portable, NES, Dynavision 3, Mega Drive 3 (2x - Tectoy and Show Do Milhao Edition), Genesis 3, Genesis Arcade Motion, MD Play, SNES (2x), Super Famicom, Neo Geo CD, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, Nintendo 64 (2x), Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Game Cube, Xbox, Zeebo, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 (Kinect Bundle), Wii (2x - White and Red), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS Lite, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Around 800 games. Preferred Generation: 16 bits. 

Panama said:
Unless there's a Pokemon RPG coming out this year I haven't heard about, it doesn't get much bigger than Mario Kart and Smash Bros. If that's all the Wii U could muster in sales for 2014 with those heavy hitters, then Nintendo themselves would be well aware that they need to do something.

1. Zelda U

2. Star Fox U

3. Xenoblade Chronicles X

4. Splatoon

5. Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

6. Devil's Third

There are a whole lot more as well, (Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Maker, Project Giant Robot, Project Guard, etc) PLUS the addition of the unannounced surprises that Nintendo said they have for us. Which it probably includes Animal Crossing U and Metroid U. Both system sellers. So, yeah.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]