By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U will never beat PS Vita! (real sales)

DanneSandin said:
MikeRox said:

Sony is making a profit on hardware, on memory cards and selling a lot of software without costs of physical retail. They're also not having to pump the money into the development of that software.

Do you have accurate figures for Wii U vs Vita software sales? Given the vast majority of Vita titles are digital only and we don't get figures or any tracking of that. I'd say there are bigger question marks over Vita software sales than there are hardware sales, and that's another big ??? in  Europe and the "Rest of the World".

As rightly as it has been pointed out that this thread does not deal with "facts" at all. You have to admit there's got to be a reason 3rd parties are so content with putting their software on Vita.

Nintendo is also making a profit from Wii U HW now, and they're also selling quite a lot of accessories like controllers and what not.

The vast majority of SW sales on Vita are digital? Do you have any source for that? VGC have Wii U SW at 44m and Vita SW at 35m, and Vita have been out for quite a bit longer and most of Wii U's sales are first party, which means more money for Nintendo.

I actually DO find it pretty strange why 3rd parties keep on supporting Vita. Do you know the attach rate of Vita?

nearly half of Vita software sales are digital apparently. I said the vast majority of Vita titles are digital only (as in releases, not sales).

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-02-11-48-percent-of-vita-game-sales-are-digital

This is up from 1/3 of sales being digital in 2013.

Are Nintendo making a profit on Wii U hardware? I thought their latest projections suggested that due to having to resume Wii U manufacturing their profits were going to be lower at the end of this next quarter than they are Financial Year to Date? The reason profitability went up so much was that manufacturing didn't need to occur as they were still clearing out inventory that had previously been put on the books meaning a lot of the hardware sold this financial year for Wii U was 100% profit.

There was a thread on here about it recently as Nintendo expect their end of year profits to be lower than than year to date profits were as of Q3. Unless they're planning having a huge marketing campaign?

Also if you include Amiibos, I can see them continuing to print money for Nintendo. That really was a stroke of genius.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
Paatar said:
More games and better games are coming out on the Wii U this year. Wii U is selling more per week than Vita. Nah. Vita will loose overall this gen.

Both questionable. Vita already way ahead of Wii U in terms of software releases in 2015.

Vita has 4 2015 releases so far with a Meta of 75 or higher.

Wii U has 1 2015 release so far with a Meta of 75. That same game is also on Vita where the meta is 66 for an identical game.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Glad I'm not a big fan of the vita or Wii U!! This is one hell of a bitter fight.

Well, the Wii-U still has a couple more aces in the hole to help it push more hardware this year. If not by the release of Starfox, it should definitely surpass Vita by ZeldaU's release. Though, all in all, none of this is saying much...

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

This reminds me of all those PS3/X360 thread wars we used to have on here a few years ago.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

The only way I could see that is if the wii u is replaced in 1 or 2 years. And the vita is left to last for another 5 to 7 more years. Which is probably what will end up happening.

These Vita vs WiiU wars are so boring.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

MikeRox said:
Paatar said:
More games and better games are coming out on the Wii U this year. Wii U is selling more per week than Vita. Nah. Vita will loose overall this gen.

Both questionable. Vita already way ahead of Wii U in terms of software releases in 2015.

Vita has 4 2015 releases so far with a Meta of 75 or higher.

Wii U has 1 2015 release so far with a Meta of 75. That same game is also on Vita where the meta is 66 for an identical game.

What this has to do with the topic quality dosn't always mean more sales

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

MikeRox said:
It's clear there is an awful lot of ignorance about the Vita in here, but that doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Also seem to be some duplicate accounts being created to hurl abuse at the Vita and OP?

It's already had a very solid set of 2015 releases even in the West and we're only 1 month in.

Given that PSPs were only stopped being sold in 2014, I don't see why people are saying Sony look like they're preparing to drop it. It was clear they changed their objectives with the Vita after 2012 didn't work out.

It's a profitable product for them, they make money on each additional unit sold, a killing on memory cards and plenty of royalties from all the software it has. It's user-base is very active in purchasing software and the software being developed for it is done in full knowledge of the potential user-base hence why companies continue to support it release after release.

2015 is looking like yet another great year of software for the Vita globally too keeping the existing user-base happy.

I don't get why it pains so many on this forum to accept that the Vita does have positives going for it and to trash it at every opportunity. Did it steal your lunch money when you were at school or something?

Nope it slept with my sister ... never forget never forgive I kid

Edit : The joke is on Vita though, I'm pretty sure my sister has crabs :p

Unless there's a Pokemon RPG coming out this year I haven't heard about, it doesn't get much bigger than Mario Kart and Smash Bros. If that's all the Wii U could muster in sales for 2014 with those heavy hitters, then Nintendo themselves would be well aware that they need to do something.