By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U will never beat PS Vita! (real sales)

Both are bombas

Around the Network
think-man said:
Both are bombas

STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

Thanks Dr.Vita to take my thread as reference :D

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

fmjasinski said:

Inconsistent statement and figures without any basis. In fact, it is possible that the Wii U has already exceeded the PS Vita sales.

I will explain why the PS Vita is overtracked (AGAIN), SO PAY ATTENTION:

Reports Sony portable consoles (PSP + PS Vita) from launch of Vita (Q3 / 11) Until Q3 / 14 (OFFICIAL NUMBERS)

Q3 / 11: 2.4

Q4 / 11: 0.9

Q1 / 12: 1.4

Q2 / 12: 1.6

Q3 / 12: 2.7

Q4 / 12: 1.3

Q1 / 13: 0.6

Q2 / 13: 0.8

Q3 / 13: 2.0

Q4 / 13: 0.7

Q1 / 14: 0.75

Q2 / 14: 0.7

Q3 / 14: 1.4

Total: 17.25 M PSP + PSVita (Shipped)

PSP sold in the period According to VGChartz: 9,670,736

Source: 80,680,020 (30th Dec 2014: http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2014/Global/) - 71,009,284 (the 01st Oct 2011: http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/40818/Global/)

80,680,020 - 71,009,284 = 9,670,736

PSVita sold in the period According to VGChartz: 9,593,806

Total PSP + PSVita According to VGChartz: 19,264,542

PSP + PSVITA OVERTRACKED BY ABOUT: 2 MILLION UNITS

Too be honest I think that Wii U already outsold Vita (or PSP is overtracked by about 1,5 M)

Nice try! But NO and let me explain why!

1- PSP was already over 76Million in 2012 and VGC is at 73 MIllion so they started to overtrack it at that time point.

2- Kowenicki took times to calculate the overall Shipment. 93.2Million PSVITA+PSP shipment against 90.54Million sold through VGC, so we have only 2 options here either there is 3Million pspviita on shelves or the PSVITA is UNDERTRACKED( it can't be the psp since we have official 80Million Milestone)

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

I agree. Sony has so many options to play that would make Vita sell at much higher rate. Biggest of all would be a Playstation Phone, but even a 4G Vita that had full access to all PSN features would boost sales dramatically. With high sales and active users Vita would pick up a lot of dev support for games and non gaming apps, which in turn would only lead to more sales.

With WiiU, I just don't see anythng Nintendo can do. They will have all of their big frachises available by the end of the year, and I only see it selling 5M at max this year, and it will only be down hill from there.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
nanzano said:
fmjasinski said:

1- PSP was already over 76Million in 2012 and VGC is at 73 MIllion so they started to overtrack it at that time point.

2- Kowenicki took times to calculate the overall Shipment. 93.2Million PSVITA+PSP shipment against 90.54Million sold through VGC, so we have only 2 options here either there is 3Million pspviita on shelves or the PSVITA is UNDERTRACKED( it can't be the psp since we have official 80Million Milestone)

Dont know whos right/wrong but Psp surpassed 80mil awhile back. In fact it surpassed the gba already. Also Sony 80mil milestone doesn't have to be announced, they sure didn't do it for vita's 10mil right?

That said, i dont get how Vita is soo undertracked or overshipped. Going by US/Japan it makes no sense. Unless Europe and the rest of the world really makes up the difference? All we know is US is undertracked by about 150k.

I think Vita Surpassed 10mil too, but its not 11mil, let alone 12mil yet (Shipped).

So far, WiiU is up 24% YOY. Vita is down 28%...

I would say that Vita staying in front of the WiiU is very unlikely. LTD WiiU will overtake it eventually. It won't be by much though... (a few millions more)

tbone51 said:
nanzano said:

Dont know whos right/wrong but Psp surpassed 80mil awhile back. In fact it surpassed the gba already. Also Sony 80mil milestone doesn't have to be announced, they sure didn't do it for vita's 10mil right?

That said, i dont get how Vita is soo undertracked or overshipped. Going by US/Japan it makes no sense. Unless Europe and the rest of the world really makes up the difference? All we know is US is undertracked by about 150k.

I think Vita Surpassed 10mil too, but its not 11mil, let alone 12mil yet (Shipped).

It is not while back since the PSP died while back at the end of 2013 in us(discontinued in january 2014)

nanzano said:
tbone51 said:

It is not while back since the PSP died while back at the end of 2013 in us(discontinued in january 2014)

Let me ask you this, how much do you think PSP shipment is at (estimate)? 79mil? 79.5mil? 80.5mil?

tbone51 said:
nanzano said:

Let me ask you this, how much do you think PSP shipment is at (estimate)? 79mil? 79.5mil? 80.5mil?

I don't think here we have it  "IGN reported that 82 million PSP were manufactured and shipped at end of production." so end of Q2 2014

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_million-selling_game_consoles#cite_note-PSP_discontinued-28