By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who thinks The Order 1886 Will Shut Up critics?

Will The Order 1886 Shut Critics up?

Yes 213 36.35%

No 289 49.32%

See Results 82 13.99%

Total:584

I'm still baffled that people thinks this game looks generic. What in the hell looks generic about it?! The game looks completely phenomenal. I haven't really spoiled myself with the gameplay. Just going off of how it looks...it looks wonderful. Gameplay is another story.

I seriously hope that it blows expectations out of the water and have some folks wiping egg off their faces. It seems like some folks just wants this game to fail.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network

No I don't. I think will get the usual complaints. It's been done before, it's nothing new, it's to linear. Everything that could be applied to other great games but somehow can no longer be done ever.

I'm hopeful reviewers will change their mind, but they already have made their mind after they've done their previews. I guess one has to look for their trusted game reviewers and decide to buy it, in order to really decide if it's good or not.

I think that those that give it the "generic" or "boring" tag are like most people now a days. Unless a game is truly and completely different than every other game it gets these names. The crazy part is, no matter what the game is, it is "stealing" this thing or that thing from game X or Y.

Games can't be deemed just good or great, they have to have many faults and direct comparisons to other games. Unfortunately, there have now been too many different games released to not have copied elements.

Best to just skip the advice and quit watching the youtube videos and play it for yourself.

It is near the end of the end....

You have no idea how loud "I told you so!" can sound.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

they won't admit it if their previews were wrong with all the caution and trashing they've been doing so they won't give it super high scores. It's easy to dock a new IP for unoriginality whereas an established franchise that has been unoriginal it would simply be said "but isn't that exactly what we want is more of X franchise?"

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

JayWood2010 said:
celador said:
 I expect the game to be slaughtered by reviewers for being linear 

I like linear games personally though.  Thats just me though

Me too, so long as the narrative is good. Like Last of Us, or Ryse. 

Gears of War narrative got old after 2 for me, so i didnt care for the last two at all.

I think it will be underrated. Critics have almost made their mind up before they even review it. Expecting it to get some very high and very low reviews. Once it's a good game and I enjoy it i won't really mind.

I expect the Metascore to be in the mid to high 70s.

Style over substance seems to be ( and rightfully so) under more scrutiny now than ever before.

The Order seems to be one of those games where gameplay, level design, AI etc took a back seat in the development phase. To put it eloquently, it looks like a complete pile of shit to me.

The game will score similarly to Beyond TS. Its a game that Sony should be quite frankly embarrased to put in in 2015. Graphics will only get you so far, gameplay is much, much more important. Driveclub is proof of this.