By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who thinks The Order 1886 Will Shut Up critics?

Will The Order 1886 Shut Critics up?

Yes 213 36.35%

No 289 49.32%

See Results 82 13.99%

Total:584

It just seems that a lot of people that already made up their mind on The Order being: linear, generic TPS, no multiplayer, short, no replay value...am I missing something?

It will be very interesting to follow those same people's opinions on Quantum Break.

Around the Network
Aerys said:
alabtrosMyster said:

Some people probably already wrote their reviews, sometimes un-doing an idea or a conception is hard, and people do not like to be wrong... and well, some critics really do not like anything that's not "open world" or if it's not open world, it has to be on a Microsoft console for some reason, they get passes on many things.

Still, some already liked the previews, so it should be a mixed bag... I would not dare placing a bet on where it will end up, probably something like Sunset Overdrive or Infamous:SS in the low to mid 80s in total...

It will be quite funny to see the hypocrisy of those haring on the Order but prasising quantum break, a game with thé exact same "flaws" they see in the order

Wow, just wrote the same thing. But, no doubt that QB will be a 90+ masterpiece, that train of thought has already been established.

Meh, I am hopeful for the order but my expectations have been significantly lowered. I will eventually get it, I am expecting the meta to come in around the high 70s low 80s. Nothing amazing, but still a good game...

Nope, the people who have been trash talking the game have made up their minds. Reviews will be mediocre but user reviews will be significantly better.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Funny how many people want to downplay critics opinions and work just to excuse the weak scores this game probably will have.

Around the Network

I think critics will have this one right

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

JayWood2010 said:

The Order is one of those games that has recieved a mixed bag of emotions ranging from this game looks fantastic all the way to this game looke generic and boring.

On one side of things Ready at Dawn is an excellent developer and this looks like a truly AAA game, but on the other side of things it also hasn't shown off a lot of gameplay.  Because of this it has been scrutinized as hiding that its not fun.

So what side of the fence are you on?  Do you think it will shut critics (fans and professional) up or do you think its destined to be the next Ryse: Son of Rome?

Personally I'm very hopeful in The Order 1886.  I think it looks stunning and the story seems interesting.  I dont think the gameplay looks bad either and the guns seem interesting enough.  Im not interested in the Time Era but that has nothing to do with how good or bad the game is, but rather a personal taste.  I think if it scores a 80+ ill go buy it, and im pretty hopeful it does well

Unfortunately I don't think it will quell critics at all. Here's why.

When it was first announced it hinted at a gothic steam punk atmosphere and era, it also hinted at a semi open world that might be filled with exploration and unease. There was also the STONGLY hinted monsters and team atmosphere, a little bit left 4 dead like. Plus there are the references to the likes of Jack the Ripper, mostly due to the initial entry of Whitechapel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYIJHib5BV0

What we have ended up with is something entirely different. It's like they changed the entire idea of the game from when it was first shown to now. It went from a team based horror with potential exploration and different skill sets per player, to a VERY corridor shooter. In the initial trailer they were being attacked from every side by werewolf like things in the fog and haze, now it is... This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGfkiqAMycw

There is a large disect between what it was going to be and what it is now. A single player, non tactical, non exploration, third person steam punk shooter. I'm extremely disappointed in the outcome of it already and have lost any interest in the game.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

I don't but it depends on expectations. I think the game will get overall mixed reviews with praise being thrown at its production but criticism at its gameplay for being basic and weak.

If the gameplay gets praised then I'd be shocked and say it shut up critics. I expect a meta in the 70s.

What I don't like is people suggesting The Order is getting flack for being linear. Its not that simple....

Probably not for better or for worse

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850