By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who thinks The Order 1886 Will Shut Up critics?

Will The Order 1886 Shut Critics up?

Yes 213 36.35%

No 289 49.32%

See Results 82 13.99%

Total:584

Nah. Game sites were telling us way in advance they weren't gonna like the game no matter what. Maybe the game won't be that good, but of course it'll be aided by passive-aggressive reviewers who are quick to dump water on Sony exclusives. Like people feel threatened by the brand or something. It's weird.

Around the Network

Games like this are always short so that and no multiplayer will hurt it.

It's a game that seems to favor narrative and visuals above all else. The narrative for the game better be mind-blowing.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

LudicrousSpeed said:
JayWood2010 said:

Me too, so long as the narrative is good. Like Last of Us, or Ryse. 

Gears of War narrative got old after 2 for me, so i didnt care for the last two at all.

Yeah i enjoyed Ryse actually.  Feel it at least deserved a 7/10

I loved gears narrative through and through xD

foodfather said:

Style over substance seems to be ( and rightfully so) under more scrutiny now than ever before.

The Order seems to be one of those games where gameplay, level design, AI etc took a back seat in the development phase. To put it eloquently, it looks like a complete pile of shit to me.

The game will score similarly to Beyond TS. Its a game that Sony should be quite frankly embarrased to put in in 2015. Graphics will only get you so far, gameplay is much, much more important. Driveclub is proof of this. 

the game isnt highly stylized and the AI has to suck, games arent allowed to be hard anymore.

its another try to ride on a trend(steampunk), they did well with the zombie trend, so it could work.

Around the Network

Nope, game's already been judged - few pre-release vocal critics or fanboys will change their mind upon release, and actual reviews are a formality (we know meta's going to be somewhere between 60-75). The real questions are 1886s actual quality and how much of the general Sony install base will ignore the reviews and buy it anyway.

Vasto said:
Games like this are always short so that and no multiplayer will hurt it.

This will be one of the most interesting parts of the review scores imho. Its strange the double standard sometimes. Games like Titanfall will get docked for no SP, Evolve is a "ripoff" at $60, but most of the time it seems those same gamers and reviewers dont care about a game like this costing $60, and wont dock it anything for no MP.

Some people probably already wrote their reviews, sometimes un-doing an idea or a conception is hard, and people do not like to be wrong... and well, some critics really do not like anything that's not "open world" or if it's not open world, it has to be on a Microsoft console for some reason, they get passes on many things.

Still, some already liked the previews, so it should be a mixed bag... I would not dare placing a bet on where it will end up, probably something like Sunset Overdrive or Infamous:SS in the low to mid 80s in total...

foodfather said:

The game will score similarly to Beyond TS. Its a game that Sony should be quite frankly embarrased to put in in 2015. Graphics will only get you so far, gameplay is much, much more important. Driveclub is proof of this. 

You obviously have not played Driveclub....

foodfather said:

Style over substance seems to be ( and rightfully so) under more scrutiny now than ever before.

The Order seems to be one of those games where gameplay, level design, AI etc took a back seat in the development phase. To put it eloquently, it looks like a complete pile of shit to me.

driveclub has great gameplay...

reviewers will be just like this guy,.. their minds will have been made up from watching the first youtube video from over a year ago.  reviewers aren't going to even play the game at release,.. they'll just write up their old opinions and be done with it.  they'll fault it not for being a bad game but for not being the game they hoped was being made.  just like driveclub the order will be grilled for not being open world,.. the stupidest critizism ever.