By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo dominates Microsoft at inventory management

Pretty sure it's easier to be accurate when you're shipping way less anyway. That is, the percentage of consoles sitting on shelves compared to consoles sold would probably be a better indicator, and that should make it more even. That said, Nintendo seems very accurate.

Also, hype. If MS overships, they can brag with their shipping numbers, which should be good for business. And all those units are guaranteed to sell in a reasonable amount of time, so there's absolutely no problem there.

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Well, what about VGChartz overtraking the WiiU and undertraking the XOne?

according to the Nintendo numbers, they are about spot on as far as Wii U is concerned. I have no idea about Xbox because MS is purposefully obfuscating their numbers.

yup, combined "xbox" sales make things look rosier than they are. it's deliberate obfuscation, as you suggest. wii u tracking is dead on, and nintendo are not shipping what they cannot sell.

jetforcejiminy said:
bunchanumbers said:

according to the Nintendo numbers, they are about spot on as far as Wii U is concerned. I have no idea about Xbox because MS is purposefully obfuscating their numbers.

yup, combined "xbox" sales make things look rosier than they are. it's deliberate obfuscation, as you suggest. wii u tracking is dead on, and nintendo are not shipping what they cannot sell.

Having almost half of their stock sitting in Japan seems dead on to you?

I have a feeling that this is a jab at VGChartz...

DerNebel said:
jetforcejiminy said:
bunchanumbers said:

Having almost half of their stock sitting in Japan seems dead on to you?

Japan will be grateful when Yokai Watch 3 makes it on Wii U. Ok its wishful thinking but still. I'd settle for Monster Hunter 4 on Wii U.

Around the Network

Wow, Nintendo was spot on! Also, there's almost 30 Xbox Ones at my local Best Buy, while there's only about 8 Wii U's and 2 3DS's.

almost thought you were serious there for a moment.

Lol, Nintendo is conservative with their shipments because the Wii U doesn't sell well, and the Wii U must be overtracked.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

DerNebel said:
You are mean ;)

You know me.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Lol, I laughed at least.