By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does the PS3 have the most diversity of any console ever?

Just out of curiousity, what genre is the 360 lacking?

Around the Network
vfguy said:
As some others have mentioned, the PS1 or PS2 have far larger libraries with a wider variety of titles.

Japanese games in general and Western oddities were on the decline for the PS360 generation. HD game development made it too costly to release weird titles like Pepsiman or that truck-decorating game. The market also went more global with fewer region-specific titles.

Many of the multiplatform PS3 games from the first half of the generation were also inferior to the 360 version with gimped or missing online, worse framerates, no trophies, etc. Luckily, the system eventually found its feet, but we are talking variety, not quality in this thread.

Actually surprisingly the PS2 lacked a lot of western type games, despite its dominance. The PS2 would not nearly be as successful today because of its Japanese influence.

Damn I really need to get a ps3 some day, so many games I'm interested in but I just don't know when I'll have time for another system.

i agree.
include pupeteer on plataformers.

Mr_No said:
Wright said:

Yeah, but it's lacking semi-naked girls volleyball beach games, like Dead or Alive Xtreme 2!

Perfectly complemented by guys in skimpy swimsuits and tight bodysuits like in Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate.

They should make an Xtreme 3 game but this time boys-only island.

Around the Network
McDonaldsGuy said:
vfguy said:
As some others have mentioned, the PS1 or PS2 have far larger libraries with a wider variety of titles.

Japanese games in general and Western oddities were on the decline for the PS360 generation. HD game development made it too costly to release weird titles like Pepsiman or that truck-decorating game. The market also went more global with fewer region-specific titles.

Many of the multiplatform PS3 games from the first half of the generation were also inferior to the 360 version with gimped or missing online, worse framerates, no trophies, etc. Luckily, the system eventually found its feet, but we are talking variety, not quality in this thread.

Actually surprisingly the PS2 lacked a lot of western type games, despite its dominance. The PS2 would not nearly be as successful today because of its Japanese influence.

GTA, Call of Duty, Baldur's Gate, Medal of Honor, Need for Speed,  God of War, FIFA, MADDEN, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Eye Toy, Buzz, The Getaway, Guitar Hero, Singstar, SOCOM, Crash Bandicoot, Star Wars Battlefront.

What Western gaming exactly was absent from the PS2? Many Western games were huge drivers of hardware sales in the West. It's just that the decline of Japanese gaming just makes them even more significant in the current market, but they were pretty much always present and correct on the PS2.

This just merely emphasises more so how the PS3 does not have a more diverse lineup than the PS2.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Perhaps, but since its missing the best FPS (Halo) and best JRPG( Lost Odyssey) Best racer (Forza), I'd say 360 gets my vote for quantity and quality...

Ps1 is more diverse

PS3 does seem a tad diverse but it didn't always have quality, if it had both then why are the 360 and Wii alive and strong?, I never did get the one is greater than all mentality (unless it's down to pure hardware which PC would deck all).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Wright said:
Mr_No said:

Perfectly complemented by guys in skimpy swimsuits and tight bodysuits like in Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate.

They should make an Xtreme 3 game but this time boys-only island.

Totally agree with you. They could make it an unlockable mode for those who want to play such mode.

OT: I can safely say that the PS3 does have quite a diversity on genres. But what about the PS2? With the amount of games released on it, all those years active, it has be the reigning console.