By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does the PS3 have the most diversity of any console ever?

It seems like it does.

WRPGs - Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Untold Legends, Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Skyrim, Diablo III, Dragon Age, South Park, and Mass Effect trilogy

JRPGs - White Knight Chronicles, Ni No Kuni, Final Fantasy XIII, Dark Souls, Star Ocean, Tales of Zestiria, Disgaea 3, and Valkyria Chronicles

Platformers - Ratchet and Clank Future series, LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2, Sonic Generations, Rayman Origins, Sly Cooper 4 and Epic Mickey 2

Fighters - Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter IV, All Stars Battle Royale, Soul Calibur IV, and Tekken 6

"Blue Ocean" type games - Guitar Hero III, Sports Champions, Start the Party, Buzz, and EyePet

Action Adventure - Metal Gear Solid IV, Uncharted Trilogy, God of War 3, GTAIV and V, inFamous, and Batman: Arkham City

Adventure - Heavy Rain, The Last of Us, L.A. Noire, Journey, Bioshock, and Beyond: Two Souls

First Person Shooters - Call of Duty series, Killzone 2 and 3, Resistance Trilogy, Battlefield 3, Borderlands, and MAG

Third Person Shooter - SOCOM series, Ghost Recon, Warhawk, Army of Two, and Red Faction: Guerilla

Strategy - Civilization Revolution, Endwar, RUSE, Command and Conquer Red Alert 3, and XCOM

What do you guys think? Xbox 360 comes close, but lacks platformers and a few action adventure games. It still blows my mind they made Banjo Kazooie: N&B instead of a full 3D platformer, especially after Mario Galaxy was a hit. Nuts and Bolts is one of the few times gaming has made me legit angry lol.

Around the Network

Yup. This is why I love playstation. It has everything.

Dark Souls and Valkiria Chronicles aren't JRPGs. Dungeon Crawler and SRPG respectively.

EDIT: Also, The Last of Us is Action Adventure, not just Adventure.

spemanig said:
Dark Souls and Valkiria Chronicles aren't JRPGs. Dungeon Crawler and SRPG respectively.

True. I kind of just lumped them together for simplicites sake. But the more the better, right?

Yeah, but it's lacking semi-naked girls volleyball beach games, like Dead or Alive Xtreme 2!

Around the Network

I'd say it's as diverse as it possibly gets. Nintendo consoles usually lack diversity, or at least they have since the N64 released. As for Microsoft, they are pretty diverse due to third party which Sony also has but they lack the first party that Sony brings to the table. The PS3 and Xbox 360 are two of my top 5 favorite consoles.

All PS consoles seem to have a lot of variety

McDonaldsGuy said:

True. I kind of just lumped them together for simplicites sake. But the more the better, right?

True. I'd just put VC with Strategy and make a separate Dungeon Crawler catagory for Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma, Sacred 2, Diablo III of course, and the like.

What about the PS2?

spemanig said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

True. I'd just put VC with Strategy and make a separate Dungeon Crawler catagory for Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma, Sacred 2, Diablo III of course, and the like.

Like hack and slash games. I forgot about Diablo III and Dragon's Dogma as well.