By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does the PS3 have the most diversity of any console ever?

PS3 had quality in pretty much every genre.

I have PS3 and 360 because neither has the best games in all genres.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

i haven't played all consoles but i will say for me personally the ps3 brought so many different types of games into my hands. games i'd never ream of playing beforehand.

I don't know about all time but I do know it had the most variety of all 7th gen platforms. PlayStation consoles always own every generation they're in.

Well I did only need one console last gen. Most gens I have two or more so it must have been pretty diverse.

Sure. Why not?

Viva Piñata!!

Around the Network

ps2, gamecube, xbox gen was the most diverse imo

Yes. The PS3 had a huge variety of games. The 360 was not too far behind in terms of diversity but the PS3 was still better. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Probably. Gaming is extremely diverse now when compared to previous generations and Playstation's diverse first-party line-up just adds to that.

MoHasanie said:

Yes. The PS3 had a huge variety of games. The 360 was not too far behind in terms of diversity but the PS3 was still better. 

Xbox 360 is close though, and if Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts was a 3D platformer and MS had an action adventure game it may have been even moreso. Oh well.

I would say so. Best console of all time in my opinion, and I have owned A LOT of consoles.