By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does the PS3 have the most diversity of any console ever?

MikeRox said:
daredevil.shark said:

Didn't knew SNES had fps, tps games.

You mustn't have played DOOM, Wolfenstein 3D or Jurassic Park then XD

Did the PS3 have any decent Theme Park and City Building simulations?

Sims 3, Command and Conquer Red Alert 3, Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution etc are in PS3. And dont forget Minecraft. Its the best.

Around the Network
PowerOfSoren said:
not trolling but hasn't SNES always had the reputation of most diverse gaming library :)

Before a PS console was released, sure.

daredevil.shark said:
MikeRox said:
daredevil.shark said:

Didn't knew SNES had fps, tps games.

You mustn't have played DOOM, Wolfenstein 3D or Jurassic Park then XD

Did the PS3 have any decent Theme Park and City Building simulations?

Sims 3, Command and Conquer Red Alert 3, Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution etc are in PS3. And dont forget Minecraft. Its the best.

So none then as none of these are in the genre I asked for.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
daredevil.shark said:

So none then as none of these are in the genre I asked for.

Lol. According to you these are not among those games? Okay then.

City simulation and Theme park simulation are completely different to those games. You've named a Social game, an RTS and TBS, plus a sandbox.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
City simulation and Theme park simulation are completely different to those games. You've named a Social game, an RTS and TBS, plus a sandbox.

If you don't want to count the games mentioned by daredevil maybe some of these will meet your specific conditions?

Home Tycoon

SimCity 2000

From Dust

R.U.S.E.

Mike_L said:
MikeRox said:

If you don't want to count the games mentioned by daredevil maybe some of these will meet your specific conditions?

Home Tycoon

SimCity 2000

From Dust

R.U.S.E.

The first 2 I will give you! well played!

R.U.S.E is an RTS and From Dust also isn't the same type of game. (you're not managing city/theme park budgets, controlling taxes/prices, etc. and managing growth)

Had no idea Sim City 2000 was on PS3??? Also never heard of Home Tycoon. Will have to check that out as it looks interesting.

MikeRox said:
Mike_L said:
MikeRox said:

The first 2 I will give you! well played!

R.U.S.E is an RTS and From Dust also isn't the same type of game. (you're not managing city/theme park budgets, controlling taxes/prices, etc. and managing growth)

Had no idea Sim City 2000 was on PS3??? Also never heard of Home Tycoon. Will have to check that out as it looks interesting.

If it's only managing simulation games and not strategy as a whole I agree that only Home Tycoon and SimCity 2000 will qualify.

There are more of these managing games though e.g. Theme Park.

But I agree that without the old legacy games the selection of strategy and managing games on PS3 could've been better. I hope that more devs try this out in 8th gen. A new gen console version of SimCity 2013 has been rumored so who knows? Looking forward to try Tropico 5 on PS4 at least. :D

You know what's funny? When creating this thread, I knew strategy games would be a huge part of the thread. Xbox 360 has the best strategy games in console history (which isn't saying much, but still) but the PS3 didn't do too shabby in that regard. Would've been nice to have a couple more strategy exclusives (Field Commander perhaps? Killzone spin off?) but a console just needs a couple strategy games to be diverse IMO. The PlayStation surprisingly had quite a few strategy games as well - Warzone 2100 (5 million copies sold!), Warcraft II, Command and Conquer, Civilization II, and Battle Stations. Sadly this did not really continue on the PS2.

No mention of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time for platformers?