By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The stupidest thing that Nintendo refuses to change is the Pokemon Anime

Should they change the Pokémon anime?

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 142 74.74%

PLZ NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 48 25.26%

Total:190
st0pnsw0p said:
archer9234 said:

I hoenstly can't remember where. But I do know they mentioned it. It could of been DUB bs though.

I don't know about the anime, but in the Pikachu short before the third movie (with entei and the unown), Ash celebrated the 1-year anniversary of the day he got Pikachu, which I think was also his birthday. But I think the movies and the anime have different cannon, so I don't know if it counts for the anime.

I would like it if they at least replaced ash with some other guy, but I'm prpetty sure Nintendo has very little to do with the anime.

Mystery of the Mirage Pokemon made the movies forced cannon. Because anime Ash remembered all the films in there.

AlfredoTurkey said:
I think anyone over 12 who watches Pokemon should question their maturity among other things because it's really made for little kids. If someone is 7, they don't notice things like repetition or quality. That's why it's like that.

So are you gonna insult people who watch Transformers Prime, Korra, and DC/Marvel etc. series as well? Being a kids show does not mean it can be bullshit. That is such a overused cop-out when it comes to shows like this.

Around the Network

Delete please, double post.

pokoko said:
New Digimon anime is going to set fire to Pokemon's crops and poison its water supply.

To tell you the truth, I worry about the Digimon reboot.  It looks so generic and is following the "Hey lets follow crappy artstyles cause that's what teenagers want!" bull.  Kinda like what happaned to Soul Eater Not and others.  It lost its identity.  

@OP

I gave up with Ash got rid of his Charizard.  Which happened after he got rid of the majority of his strong Pokemon.  Is it so hard to send them to Oak with his 100 Toros and ... slime thingy?

darkknightkryta said:
pokoko said:
New Digimon anime is going to set fire to Pokemon's crops and poison its water supply.

To tell you the truth, I worry about the Digimon reboot.  It looks so generic and is following the "Hey lets follow crappy artstyles cause that's what teenagers want!" bull.  Kinda like what happaned to Soul Eater Not and others.  It lost its identity.  

@OP

I gave up with Ash got rid of his Charizard.  Which happened after he got rid of the majority of his strong Pokemon.  Is it so hard to send them to Oak with his 100 Toros and ... slime thingy?

Generic?  I pretty much disagree with you in every way possible.  Character design is by the guy who did Cencoroll, which had a fantastic and unique art style.

Wyrdness said:
DonFerrari said:

Let's just pretend Nintendo have nothing to do with it so no criticism can be made... Sure.

Not pretending kid look it up yourself, The Pokemon Company handle everything look them up if you wish they're a company created solely for managing that brand, the games, animes, cards and movies, internally Nintendo has little to do with Pokemon's activities.

And you truly believe just because Nintendo created a company to manage the brand they get no say or it stops being them but represented? I'll be damned if Nintendo wouldn't intervene if they weren't satisfied, it's one of their golden IP.

In Brazil Maurício de Souza company have iron clam in any licensed products with Turma da Mônica on it and determines all the quality Standards and contract. I doubt Nintendo don't have the same control over it. Seems like the other thread that blaimed game freaks and totally exemped ninty on Pokémon rehashing problems. Some Nintendo fans don't accept any criticism torwards the company.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I loved that Ash won a league that doesn't canonically exist in the videogames.

...It's a commercialized cartoon series for 6 year olds to get the, to whine to their parents for Pokeymon, what are you expecting?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Does nintendo own pokemon?

Seriously! They need to reboot it altogether. The original games thrived because of the anime, the later games are suffering because the anime drags them down by being total shit.

Jumpin said:

...It's a commercialized cartoon series for 6 year olds to get the, to whine to their parents for Pokeymon, what are you expecting?

Any show can be good. No matter what the target age is. Lazyness isn't excusable for them. It's like the 90's Batman TAS. That is a KIDS show. But I sure see millions of adult fans faun over it daily. Why? Because it's quality. Kevin Conroy wouldn't of been doing that voice, for nearly 30 years. If Batman TAS was treated like some BS cartoon that just only made to ride the 89' movies hype.