By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The stupidest thing that Nintendo refuses to change is the Pokemon Anime

Should they change the Pokémon anime?

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 142 74.74%

PLZ NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 48 25.26%

Total:190

Is Nintendo in charge of the anime?!

Around the Network

The stupidest thing that Nintendo ever did was create the Pikachu themed N64. What an abomination! How could NIntendo do that to my beloved gaming console?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Digimon > Pokemon

At this point the show is completely unwatchable to me.
First season was fine and the Orange Islands were surprisingly refreshing.
With Johto season it already started to get repetitive.

I know that Ash has to reset his skills for every new season to make it work like in the games, but it'S really getting anoying.
Ash has to die, it is the only way.

Also the new art direction of the show gives me the creeps. How plastic and lifeless can a show look like?
Screw digital art when it looks like that!

What? Not to defend the anime, but pokemon is one of the things that is holding Nintendo together. Even if they were in the position to change it, why would they?

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
XanderXT said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Why should they change it? I'm sure that it gets kids interested in the world of Pokemon, and moves a ton of merchandising. If they want to get more mature audiences interested again, they should do it through the main games, not the anime or any other spin-off.

It fails at doing even that. Seriously, I asked lots of kids who Ash Ketchum is, and only 9 out of 50 knew. Ash is NOT attracting new people here in the Philippines. I mean, since is the Pokemon anime supposed to be one of those endless anime, you'd expect that the character wouldn't be an idiot. But he is, and it sucks!

I sincerely hope you really did go around asking people who Ash Ketchum was. I also hope you flailed your arms around and shouted "He's from pokemon, don't you know anything!!!" and then stormed off.

In fact, I would like to see you do that on film.

Zoombael said:
What? Not to defend the anime, but pokemon is one of the things that is holding Nintendo together. Even if they were in the position to change it, why would they?

To improve viewership. Expand the market more. Pokemon Origin was aimed at adults. Do more of those. Improve the anime so it stops suffering from recycling issues. Which are caused by them needing to make 170+ episodes in 3 years. Reduce the count. Better stories could be told with longer plan times. Intergrate the movies into the main series.

archer9234 said:
Zoombael said:

To improve viewership. Expand the market more. Pokemon Origin was aimed at adults. Do more of those. Improve the anime so it stops suffering from recycling issues. Which are caused by them needing to make 170+ episodes in 3 years. Reduce the count. Better stories could be told with longer plan times. Intergrate the movies into the main series.

You sure? What makes you think that? Does it have big boob physics? Blood and gore?

Hunting Season is done...

I'm sure someone has already said this but sales do show that Nintendo are hardly handling the Pokemon franchise poorly.

Zoombael said:
archer9234 said:
Zoombael said:

You sure? What makes you think that? Does it have big boob physics? Blood and gore?

Yes. It's based off the Original games, for one. And the attacks were far more brutal in the fights.