By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The stupidest thing that Nintendo refuses to change is the Pokemon Anime

Should they change the Pokémon anime?

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 142 74.74%

PLZ NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 48 25.26%

Total:190

Yeah, the Pokémon anime is pretty bad, mediocre at best.

I don't know what they could do to make it better, other than maybe rebooting the series with a new protagonist.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

I still don't understand why he can't win a league. Winning a league wouldn't mean the end of his journey since he still has so many regions to conquer and their Elite Fours.

archer9234 said:

I hoenstly can't remember where. But I do know they mentioned it. It could of been DUB bs though.

I don't know about the anime, but in the Pikachu short before the third movie (with entei and the unown), Ash celebrated the 1-year anniversary of the day he got Pikachu, which I think was also his birthday. But I think the movies and the anime have different cannon, so I don't know if it counts for the anime.

I would like it if they at least replaced ash with some other guy, but I'm prpetty sure Nintendo has very little to do with the anime.

For me the stupidiest thing about pokemon is how for centuries only 150 pokemon existed, but then every 4 years or so in our time or less than one year in pokemon (ash never grows older does he?) hundreds are suddenly discovered at a time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I think anyone over 12 who watches Pokemon should question their maturity among other things because it's really made for little kids. If someone is 7, they don't notice things like repetition or quality. That's why it's like that.

Around the Network

Don't think they have anything to do with the anime, everything Pokemon is handled by The Pokemon Company who operate by themselves managing the IP because it's such a huge brand, even Pokken was initiated by them and not Nintendo. I remember this anime running back when I was around 14 still in high school, I'm going to be 30 this year so if it's still running they've done something right.

I wish Ash would become a Teen and FINALLY beat the Elite 4. And I also want all the characters to grow up with him...

Also I stopped watching when Misty left.... (my anime childhood crush )

Wyrdness said:

Don't think they have anything to do with the anime, everything Pokemon is handled by The Pokemon Company who operate by themselves managing the IP because it's such a huge brand, even Pokken was initiated by them and not Nintendo. I remember this anime running back when I was around 14 still in high school, I'm going to be 30 this year so if it's still running they've done something right.

Let's just pretend Nintendo have nothing to do with it so no criticism can be made... Sure.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

But isn't there a cool subplot with the girl from Pokemon X/Y? I'm not certain there is, but that trainer girl is pretty cute!

DonFerrari said:

Let's just pretend Nintendo have nothing to do with it so no criticism can be made... Sure.

Not pretending kid look it up yourself, The Pokemon Company handle everything look them up if you wish they're a company created solely for managing that brand, the games, animes, cards and movies, internally Nintendo has little to do with Pokemon's activities.