By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The stupidest thing that Nintendo refuses to change is the Pokemon Anime

Should they change the Pokémon anime?

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 142 74.74%

PLZ NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 48 25.26%

Total:190
Wyrdness said:
DonFerrari said:

More like AmBev was the main force not the belgium company. Their operation have nothing to do with it, just a counter point against you calling Mauricio de Souza obscure by being brazilian and you unaware of it. Although Maurício de Souza productions pratices have much to do "in field" to Disney (which is hardly obscure right???) and Nintendo as all 3 have strict rules to license any products with one of its icons.

Laughable is you deny that because Nintendo funded a company to manage the brand it isn't they anymore. Yep the brand is doing good and Nintendo doesn't need to micromanage, but do you think Pokémon company doesn't have to report to Nintendo? Silly. Anyway we can infere if Nintendo is satisfied with the anime's results they are to be credited by its success and also criticized by any shortcoming related (that obviously can be discussed if it's a shortcoming or not... Some here think the anime is good as is and focus viewer are good with it and older viewer should move on and don't complain).

You really think TPC are going to report every detail to Nintendo? Please the only reports Nintendo likely bothers with is that to do with performance i.e. what they're raking in which in the past 15 years has been off the charts, that's the task of a manager this isn't a producer to director role. The reason for this I can tell you as someone who works for a firm that operates in a similar manner is because when managing assets once you start getting input from the client and they have a conflicting view on what you're doing it hampers progress and business, they'd blocked something they're not keen on then months or a year later someone else is making a killing on the same idea they didn't like and you're given the call declaring their U-turn and you end up scrambling at a time everyone else is jumping on the bandwagon, I'll stop here before I go into a financial rant.

This is why management firms like TPC and their partners work on a basis of performance over being dictated, you show them the performance and get on with it, if you're in such a business and you keep calling the client every now and have them to check your work they'll eventually turn around and say "I thought you said you could do this job for me?".

Where have I denied any of what you are saying? I said they report back and that if Nintendo wasn't satisfied they would interfeer (even more if they own the company), not that they do or micromanage. And since they can interfere if necessary Nintendo is as much to credit for 15 years of success as to criticize about quality of it, since in the end it's their image and profits at the end of the day.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
archer9234 said:
Jumpin said:

...It's a commercialized cartoon series for 6 year olds to get the, to whine to their parents for Pokeymon, what are you expecting?

Any show can be good. No matter what the target age is. Lazyness isn't excusable for them. It's like the 90's Batman TAS. That is a KIDS show. But I sure see millions of adult fans faun over it daily. Why? Because it's quality. Kevin Conroy wouldn't of been doing that voice, for nearly 30 years. If Batman TAS was treated like some BS cartoon that just only made to ride the 89' movies hype.

You are making assumptions. It's already a good series for the target audience and its target purpose.

Also where are these millions of fans fanning over a batman show from the 90's? I kind of doubt that.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
DrasticDracon said:
But isn't there a cool subplot with the girl from Pokemon X/Y? I'm not certain there is, but that trainer girl is pretty cute!

Subplot?

A subplot is a secondary strand to a story. Not the most important part, but it usually interconnects with the main plot is some way.

Jumpin said:
archer9234 said:
Jumpin said:

...It's a commercialized cartoon series for 6 year olds to get the, to whine to their parents for Pokeymon, what are you expecting?

Any show can be good. No matter what the target age is. Lazyness isn't excusable for them. It's like the 90's Batman TAS. That is a KIDS show. But I sure see millions of adult fans faun over it daily. Why? Because it's quality. Kevin Conroy wouldn't of been doing that voice, for nearly 30 years. If Batman TAS was treated like some BS cartoon that just only made to ride the 89' movies hype.

You are making assumptions. It's already a good series for the target audience and its target purpose.

Also where are these millions of fans fanning over a batman show from the 90's? I kind of doubt that.

Kid viewership badly dropped at the start of B/W. Then the show was moved to 7:30AM slot. That is the low budget airing time for shows. Ben 10 was moved into Pokemon's original timeslot. Also, writer complancy can easily set in with this type of show. The show can stay on, because it gets a free pass, since the games and merch sell good. So most of the people can give two shits if they recycle plots. Easy paycheck.

Were's the millions of fans? Go to a convention that features Kevin Conroy, in the panel. Or a panel that discusses one of the animated movies, that doesn't have him as Batman. Someone will always say "When will Kevin be back." Go to his signing line. It will be a lot longer than Ruiviar's. Even Brave And the Bold had a whole episode dealing with, and making fun of, that Bold was being put down, because people wanted BTAS. And not goofy Batman.

DonFerrari said:

More like AmBev was the main force not the belgium company. 

Pfft, Belgian beer > anything Brazil has ever done. :p

Its headquarters are in Belgium btw. Before the merger with AmBev, Interbrew was the third largest brewing company in the world by volume, with Anheuser-Busch the largest, followed by SABMiller in second place. Heineken International was in fourth place and AmBev was the world's fifth largest brewer.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
DonFerrari said:

More like AmBev was the main force not the belgium company. 

Pfft, Belgian beer > anything Brazil has ever done. :p

Its headquarters are in Belgium btw. Before the merger with AmBev, Interbrew was the third largest brewing company in the world by volume, with Anheuser-Busch the largest, followed by SABMiller in second place. Heineken International was in fourth place and AmBev was the world's fifth largest brewer.

Like better than Aircraft?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Like everything Pokemon, it sucks and I hate it.

I'm now filled with determination.

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
PixelPerfect said:
Usually, I prefer reading the manga since I feel that it is much more mature and stuff actually happens, rather than there being 30 episodes between each gym and throwing in random towns that never existed. I wish they'd do more anime like Pokemon Origins personally, but it entertains children which is what they were going for but after growing up, later episodes of the show are almost cringe-worthy for me.

What's the name of the manga?

I have the first 7 volumes, they are called Pokemon adventures and they are great :D

Consoles owned: Wii U wii gamecube DS DS lite DSi 3DS Xbox 360 Gameboy Gameboy color Gameboy advance Gameboy Advance sp Gameboy micro and PC. 

Ka-pi96 said:
XanderXT said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Why should they change it? I'm sure that it gets kids interested in the world of Pokemon, and moves a ton of merchandising. If they want to get more mature audiences interested again, they should do it through the main games, not the anime or any other spin-off.

It fails at doing even that. Seriously, I asked lots of kids who Ash Ketchum is, and only 9 out of 50 knew. Ash is NOT attracting new people here in the Philippines. I mean, since is the Pokemon anime supposed to be one of those endless anime, you'd expect that the character wouldn't be an idiot. But he is, and it sucks!

It does well in Japan though which is the main focus.

Besides, with it being an endless anime the main character kind of has to have some dumb moments, it's to get new people into Pokemon so he has to make some rookie mistakes to be relatable to those noobs.

I thought people hated it when Nintendo focused on Japan?

theprof00 said:
XanderXT said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Why should they change it? I'm sure that it gets kids interested in the world of Pokemon, and moves a ton of merchandising. If they want to get more mature audiences interested again, they should do it through the main games, not the anime or any other spin-off.

It fails at doing even that. Seriously, I asked lots of kids who Ash Ketchum is, and only 9 out of 50 knew. Ash is NOT attracting new people here in the Philippines. I mean, since is the Pokemon anime supposed to be one of those endless anime, you'd expect that the character wouldn't be an idiot. But he is, and it sucks!

I sincerely hope you really did go around asking people who Ash Ketchum was. I also hope you flailed your arms around and shouted "He's from pokemon, don't you know anything!!!" and then stormed off.

In fact, I would like to see you do that on film.

Er, no. I just asked, and if they said no, then I left. I'm not eccentric like that.