By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The stupidest thing that Nintendo refuses to change is the Pokemon Anime

Should they change the Pokémon anime?

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 142 74.74%

PLZ NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 48 25.26%

Total:190
pokoko said:
darkknightkryta said:
pokoko said:
New Digimon anime is going to set fire to Pokemon's crops and poison its water supply.

To tell you the truth, I worry about the Digimon reboot.  It looks so generic and is following the "Hey lets follow crappy artstyles cause that's what teenagers want!" bull.  Kinda like what happaned to Soul Eater Not and others.  It lost its identity.  

@OP

I gave up with Ash got rid of his Charizard.  Which happened after he got rid of the majority of his strong Pokemon.  Is it so hard to send them to Oak with his 100 Toros and ... slime thingy?

Generic?  I pretty much disagree with you in every way possible.  Character design is by the guy who did Cencoroll, which had a fantastic and unique art style.

This sure isn't unique.  Especially compared to the older show.

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
pokoko said:

Generic?  I pretty much disagree with you in every way possible.  Character design is by the guy who did Cencoroll, which had a fantastic and unique art style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjfyrZjm-cs

DonFerrari said:

And you truly believe just because Nintendo created a company to manage the brand they get no say or it stops being them but represented? I'll be damned if Nintendo wouldn't intervene if they weren't satisfied, it's one of their golden IP.

In Brazil Maurício de Souza company have iron clam in any licensed products with Turma da Mônica on it and determines all the quality Standards and contract. I doubt Nintendo don't have the same control over it. Seems like the other thread that blaimed game freaks and totally exemped ninty on Pokémon rehashing problems. Some Nintendo fans don't accept any criticism torwards the company.

Considering how much money they've made on the brand shows that the created company are doing a good job so why would Nintendo query their actions, the anime alone is one of the most successful animated shows in history as well as the cards raking in massive amounts of profits. If the appointed company are doing a great job then Nintendo don't have to babysit them, the said company are the one who have created the Pokken collaboration with Namco, companies don't have to work like this obscure Brazilian company and tbh working in the financial markets myself Brazilian companies aren't the best example to use now days.

Some people just want to attack Nintendo over anything when they desperately can, when a first party studio like Monolith make Xenoblade people don't see it as Nintendo despite the IP being theirs so why should Gamefreak be exempt from this thinking when handling Nintendo's other IP.

Wyrdness said:
DonFerrari said:

And you truly believe just because Nintendo created a company to manage the brand they get no say or it stops being them but represented? I'll be damned if Nintendo wouldn't intervene if they weren't satisfied, it's one of their golden IP.

In Brazil Maurício de Souza company have iron clam in any licensed products with Turma da Mônica on it and determines all the quality Standards and contract. I doubt Nintendo don't have the same control over it. Seems like the other thread that blaimed game freaks and totally exemped ninty on Pokémon rehashing problems. Some Nintendo fans don't accept any criticism torwards the company.

Considering how much money they've made on the brand shows that the created company are doing a good job so why would Nintendo query their actions, the anime alone is one of the most successful animated shows in history as well as the cards raking in massive amounts of profits. If the appointed company are doing a great job then Nintendo don't have to babysit them, the said company are the one who have created the Pokken collaboration with Namco, companies don't have to work like this obscure Brazilian company and tbh working in the financial markets myself Brazilian companies aren't the best example to use now days.

Some people just want to attack Nintendo over anything when they desperately can, when a first party studio like Monolith make Xenoblade people don't see it as Nintendo despite the IP being theirs so why should Gamefreak be exempt from this thinking when handling Nintendo's other IP.

I'm not even saying they should change, but that ninty certainly have a control over the anime even if they don't exert it.

Maurício de Souza is hardly obscure... the biggest HQ company in country.

So your justification for exempting nintendo from pokemon mistakes is because some people don't credit nintendo for xenoblade??? Makes sense, but not.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

I'm not even saying they should change, but that ninty certainly have a control over the anime even if they don't exert it.

So your justification for exempting nintendo from pokemon mistakes is because some people don't credit nintendo for xenoblade??? Makes sense, but not.

Having control over a franchise doesn't mean that you have a hand in every product, Nintendo had nothing to do with the CDI games for example, I doubt the anime would have even happened if they controlled every aspect, The Pokemon Company literally own the Pokemon brand and have full control of it Nintendo's internal devisions have practically no input even down to game development.

The Monolith example is an example of the double standards critics like yourself exert, they'd try and distance Nintendo from positives while blame them for negatives, Nintendo don't have input on the franchise as we've established it's much like SE having little to no input in the Dragon Quest games as it's dictated by Horii, they have little need to take power back either given the franchises performance.

Biggest company in Brazil doesn't exactly make them giants in the global markets where the are many big fish about sorry to burst your bubble, they're big to Brazil but bscure to a lot of the world.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
darkknightkryta said:
pokoko said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjfyrZjm-cs

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I meant the art style.  Not the show itself.  Looks like Parasyte :/

Wyrdness said:
DonFerrari said:

Having control over a franchise doesn't mean that you have a hand in every product, Nintendo had nothing to do with the CDI games for example, I doubt the anime would have even happened if they controlled every aspect, The Pokemon Company literally own the Pokemon brand and have full control of it Nintendo's internal devisions have practically no input even down to game development.

The Monolith example is an example of the double standards critics like yourself exert, they'd try and distance Nintendo from positives while blame them for negatives, Nintendo don't have input on the franchise as we've established it's much like SE having little to no input in the Dragon Quest games as it's dictated by Horii, they have little need to take power back either given the franchises performance.

Biggest company in Brazil doesn't exactly make them giants in the global markets where the are many big fish about sorry to burst your bubble, they're big to Brazil but bscure to a lot of the world.

Sorry but even if the Pokémon is handled by a specific company it still rolls back to Nintendo. They have the final control and if they do nothing is because they are in agreement.

This is the same poor excuse used on Nintendo sole partner bad pratices in South America being overlooked by fans because Nintendo have no control of the pratices the partner used.

Where am I using double standards? Have you seem me deny credit for Nintendo because it was produced by an owned company? You are the one using it to and excusing others because "others do".

Turma da Mônica is released world wide for a while (even china have received it). Your lack of knowledge doesn't make it obscure. And there are some other big companies from Brazil that if you don't know you are quite bad informed. InBev, Vale, Petrobras, Embraer, Tam (Latam), Itaú, etc all being top players on their field. Would you say Machado de Assis is obscure or Paulo Coelho?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I don't think Nintendo handles the anime. That's the Pokemon company's role.

Mr Khan said:
I would try the Pokemon Manga, instead. As well as the recent anime adaptation of Red/Blue manga. It's supposed to be much more engaging.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

PixelPerfect said:
Usually, I prefer reading the manga since I feel that it is much more mature and stuff actually happens, rather than there being 30 episodes between each gym and throwing in random towns that never existed. I wish they'd do more anime like Pokemon Origins personally, but it entertains children which is what they were going for but after growing up, later episodes of the show are almost cringe-worthy for me.

What's the name of the manga?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!