By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 18 year old girl dates her dad for 2 years and is going to marry him. Please Lock..

Hiku said:

Well some people are different. There are more important things to worry about in life, as long as they're happy I guess.

That's not how real life's work.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
This is a interesting topic in a way because of some people's responses. All in all, this is basically nothing compared to the rest of the crap that happens in the world and people barely bat an eye over that stuff.

just because there are worse things in the world doesnt mean we cant or shouldnt discuss when something that is "less wrong" happens. 

I'm sorry, but this is disgusting. Is it a cultural thing because I didn't even know someone who would think this was ok yet lots of you are saying it's fine. I couldn't even continue reading this. There is so much wrong with it besides just incest. I'd like to see stats of where all these instances are taking place and their relativity to hill billiness.

bananaking21 said:
Aeolus451 said:
This is a interesting topic in a way because of some people's responses. All in all, this is basically nothing compared to the rest of the crap that happens in the world and people barely bat an eye over that stuff.

just because there are worse things in the world doesnt mean we cant or shouldnt discuss when something that is "less wrong" happens. 

I consider culture taboos with consenting people that only affect them very minor. There's plenty of other things to discuss and possibly do something about.

Burning Typhoon said:
Wright said:

I don't understand why incest is illegal in the first place. I've never understand what's so forbidden about it, given that incest is a must as species when they went from a single pair to a whole ecosystem.

And Biologically, your body tells you not to be attracted to your siblings, or people you live around, in most cases.  It's not a 100% success rate, obviously, but strong enough so that most families around the world aren't plugging up their family members.

We need diversity.  Having kids with family members leads to birth defects, and potentially other problems that can cause serious problems.  We don't need people walking around with three oddly placed arms, and 2 uneven legs.  By finding those who are not directly related (forget that, 15th cousin, twice removed, whatever, BS. ) The offspring has a better chance at survival.

There is just so much wrong with the world.  8 billion people, and you choose you want to marry your parent?  Get out of here.  You too for not seeing anything wrong with it.

This is what I would basically write if I actually wanted to put effort into the subject. Quting to get it more reads.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Kane1389 said:
Seece said:
"this or the fact that its legal in New Jersey. "

And why the fuck shouldn't it be legal? What those two is none of your damn business or anyone elses. They're consenting adults not doing anyone any harm.

Just like with homosexual couples, its usually the children of these couples that will suffer the most

Homosexual parents have shown on average to be better parents simply for the fact they can't obtain their children by accident and plan for it.

It's not very often I go around agreeing with Seece, but in this case I do. I've wanted to be a dad to a little girl for a long time, but haven't found the right lady so I've been thinking very seriously about adoption the last little while. If kids at school ever made fun of her for being adopting, that's exactly what I would tell her. Adoption is actually better because everyone else just rolls the dice and gets what they get, but I had the chance to pick the perfect little girl for me.

Different situation I guess, but the core value is the same.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

TheGoldenBoy said:
novasonic said:
Eeeh, as long as it's consensual I guess.. They really shouldn't be having kids though. Adopt. Incest kids are all kinda of disabled and messed up.

This is why I'm hesitant to tell people I want to adopt a baby girl.. They'll look at me with judgie eyes and remember reading stories like this.

Fuck other people. Do what makes you happy.

Oh, I plan to! Judgie eyes send my feeling to the ER, but that's no where near enough to knock me off course. I'm just not in a fanacial situation where I can go that route yet.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

novasonic said:
Seece said:

Homosexual parents have shown on average to be better parents simply for the fact they can't obtain their children by accident and plan for it.

It's not very often I go around agreeing with Seece, but in this case I do. I've wanted to be a dad to a little girl for a long time, but haven't found the right lady so I've been thinking very seriously about adoption the last little while. If kids at school ever made fun of her for being adopting, that's exactly what I would tell her. Adoption is actually better because everyone else just rolls the dice and gets what they get, but I had the chance to pick the perfect little girl for me.

Different situation I guess, but the core value is the same.

So, it definately has to be a girl, and you're agreeing with Seece? Hmmmmm.....  I foresee a "part 2" to this story.

But, kid at school should never be a consideration for anything.  They're kids.  They'll be assholes until they grow out of the "how do I get attention" phase.  There are kids with biological parents that do illegal drugs, and activities right there in the home of the child.  There are adoptive parents who abuse kids.  Being bologically related to someone means dirt-shit.

The bottom line is that the child has a chance to grow up and be someone with a chance, and a voice to do something good.  It doesn't matter what some microscopic DNA code says.  Doesn't make a damn bit of difference who the child's parents are.  They need a chance.  And, hopefully, that means growing up with someone who's easy to talk to and cares about their up-bringing.

If that adopted child wants to know the biological parents years later, they also need to understand that the people they're searching for are strangers.

With all that said, it doesn't matter if it is by adoption, you don't go from a true father figure to, "I want you to bare my children."  Oh, wait a minute, look at the story.  The guy was out of the girls life for over 12(?!) years?!

TheGoldenBoy said:
sundin13 said:
I don't see any point in anti-incest laws...As long as the parties involved are consenting adults, then do whatever you want

I only agree in the essence that I don't really care what anyone else does as long as they aren't hurting anyone else.

But they very much can be though...if they have children for example.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

I'll ask again:

Why should we restrict incestuous pairing from having children while allowing people with disabilities to have children, when both increase the likelihood of producing children with disabilities?