By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tell us about gaming in your country

GTAexpert said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Jamaica:

Sony island basically. Everyone and their dog has a PSP. Most people have PS3s too. Only a few have PS4s. I don't think anyone knows about Vita though. :(
MS on the other hand is fairly popular too. The 360 use to be king until GoW and the PS3 slim came out. X1 install base is smaller than PS4s but are around the same.
As for Nintendo, no one knows what a Wii U is. The 3ds on the other hand is popular with kids.

So God Of War III made PS3 sell more than 360? That's nice, Jamaicans have good tastes

Yup, everyone loves God of War.

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
OdinHades said:
Germany is in Sony's Lockdown since the PS1. Seriously. The Wii put up a decent fight, but it didn't matter in the end. The 360 was really popular at launch in 2005, but as soon as the PS3 came, it had all the hype despite no gaemz and 599 € (which quickly changed to 399 € anyway.)
But in germany you have also an insanely large PC crowd. The best-selling games around here? Landwirtschafstsimulator, Minecraft and Die Sims. Every other title, games you would consider hardcore, come loooong after that. But Call of Duty, GTA and FIFA are of course also pretty big.

As for the Next-Gen (or Current-Gen, name them the way you want, I don't care) it's again a complete Lockdown for Sony when it comes to home consoles. Wii U sold like shit when it came out, the stores couldn't even sell launch stock and quickly lowered the prices to 199 € and below. The same is true for Xbox One. It's dead in the water.

PS4 was sold out again the other week and just continues to sell like crazy.

How are the gameing shops like for.stocking wii u products? in uk its pretty much non exsistant

It's there, but the sections are pretty small. But you get everything you need for the console, including games and peripheral in all kinds of variations. Still a joke compared to PS3 and PS4 sections though. 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Germany
- playstation 4 domination now, wiiu is still selling more then xbone tough
- wii and DS used to dominate here, the 3ds is doing okay but not as good as the ds. xbox 360 was very popular in launch but it collapsed when the ps3 came with free online.
- pc is very popular here, so much that pc games are still released in retail, sometimes even just the steam version on the disc that you have to register on steam, also called drm.
- lot of nanny culture here includuing for videogames. But it got a lot better in recent years, only very view games were banned or censored last year. We have our own rating system called USK which takes a lot of space on the cover art, so much that many publishers decided to print the art of the insert twice. One with ratings and the backsite without it.
- android is huge here too.

Malaysia

Gaming here is moderate at best. Most games are available in 3 version; English, Chinese and Japanese. Yup, 3 versions of 1 single game.....and there's plenty of them.

For the home consoles:
Sony is dominating here since PS1 and continuously dominating with PS2, PS3 and PS4.
Nintendo is struggling a bit. Wii was popular but WiiU is poor in sales and hardly to find in most retailers.
MS is doing poorly in general except 360 which was doing fine due to piracy, but still got owned by PS3 by a slight margin.
As for the PC, well I'm not sure. But I could say that they are slightly higher or almost equal to Playstation in popularity

As for the handhelds:
Nintendo is doing fine with 3DS. Their handhelds was popular since Game Boy Color until now.
Sony PSP was very popular due to piracy. Vita is surprisingly doing fine here. When I turned on the Near apps I found 12-15 owners around me
But overall, smartphones and tablets are dominating by huge difference. You can see every kids here playing Ipad, Tabs, Phones etc....

Zambia

PlayStationville. The XBox 360 made significant ground last gen. Wii and DS have next to no presence. No one knows what a Wii U is. PS Vita and PSPs doing really well. PC gaming is for the elite. Those who can't afford consoles play pirated games on crappy laptops.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

Romania is very heavy on PC gaming.. Only PlayStation systems sell well enough ( excluding the Vita of course)... 

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ah, yes. I come from uh... a place FAR away. Yes, that'll do. <_<

We have gray here. Nothing but gray as far as the eye can see in our gaming market. Gray like my hair.
All hail the Utilitarian Sanctimonious Association!

chocoloco said:
I have disagreed with every fellow American on USA gaming to some degree. Not a very accurate thread I say.

I guess there are big gaming culture differences between each state.

I mean can you really say that it's the same culture in LA, NY and Austin?

-Ack!- said:
chocoloco said:
I have disagreed with every fellow American on USA gaming to some degree. Not a very accurate thread I say.

I guess there are big gaming culture differences between each state.

I mean can you really say that it's the same culture in LA, NY and Austin?

My education tells me individual experience has more differences than state differences. I will admit as a Coloradan I do not see things much like a Bostonian, or Floridian. Age differances matter, as well as type of job, and education in terms of how you experience other gamers. My job is actually filled with mostly non-gamers. Which is very different than the high levels of gaming I saw in college. Which is also different than high school gaming culture. Fucken demographics matter a lot, man. 

Sunstrider said:
XanderXT said:
Here in the Philippines, everyone PC gamer is good at MOBAs. Except me. I'm terrible at them. In consoles, few people are buying 8th gen consoles. The Wii is very popular, and the PS3 is beating the 360. Knock-offs are very popular sadly. In handhelds, I've only seen 2 people with a Vita, while I've seen 23 people with a 3DS. Smartphone gaming is mostly emulators or Gameloft games. That's about it, I think.

Yup, mostly this, my friends that work at a call center would rally up after work just to play DOTA 2, though I myself play from time to time, I just get frustrated(when not with friends) because my teammate does not know what teamwork means, thank god for single player games.

My brothers and I once played against some friends. The only character I could actually play as was Rooftrelen.