By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As has already said, backwards compatibility means Wii U has access to several high quality Wii RPGs, like Xenoblade and The Last Story, if you haven't already played them for whatever reason.

Around the Network

A re-make of Ys V, but that'll probably be on PS4 or PSVita.
A New Golden Sun game (3DS and Wii U version).

Typical Japanese console. No RPGs anywhere.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The Crystal Chronicles games are amazing. Dungeon Crawling with RPG elements and decent storylines, they're addictive. The Crystal Bearers is far from an RPG, but besides the tired combat... It's amazing as well. Layle is boss.

I'd like to see a new Golden Sun... In a home console! Hopefully they'll bring the second part of Golden Sun to the VC, together with Fire Emblem and F-Zero, EU has them already.

And a Glory Of Heracles would be great too! Or even Magical Starsign! There's potential for RPGS in the console, and Nintendo themselves have 3 franchises that could translate very well to a home console.

An as said before by other users: Wii had a nice library of RPGs. No love for the overlooked Arc Rise Fantasia and the most beautiful game ever made; Fragile Dreams?

vkaraujo said:
I believe a Fire Emblem can happen. 

A new Fire Emblem was just announced at the Direct - for 3DS.

vkaraujo said:

Also, i think SMT x FE could be fighter.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Yes, i want more big RPG on the WiiU, maybe The last story 2 or Cry on from Mistwalker, or a Final fantasy chronicles or something else. With all the AAA game i have to play, i don' t care about indie (that are always overrated), so i want big project, otherwise, i play on other system (PS4/PS3/PSVita/3DS).

Hope to see some at E3.

More rpgs on any system is a good thing since it's my favorite genre. Which is why I primarily play on the handhelds. I wouldn't hold your breath on many coming to the wii u though, invest in a 3ds, vita, or both if you haven't already for your rpg fix. That being said, outside of xenoblade and smt x fe, it would be nice to see something from Atlus, Falcom, NIS, a tales game from namco, something from square, and a new golden sun on wii u.

bunchanumbers said:
There are some indie eshop indies you can get on the eshop.
Alphadia Genesis, Pier Solar, Child of Light and don't forget VC games like Earthbound. Alphadia Genesis and Pier Solar are both turn based RPGs too. I've been enjoying Pier Solar.

Never heard of Alphadia Genesis, is that released in europe?

Also, Squids Odyssey is an RPG, although it has a very uncommon fighting (but still turn-based).

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Isn't this coming for Wii U too? The name is Wonder Flick, from Level-5 (Pretty good dev in my opinion, Ni No Kuni was awesome)

Mnementh said:
bunchanumbers said:
There are some indie eshop indies you can get on the eshop.
Alphadia Genesis, Pier Solar, Child of Light and don't forget VC games like Earthbound. Alphadia Genesis and Pier Solar are both turn based RPGs too. I've been enjoying Pier Solar.

Never heard of Alphadia Genesis, is that released in europe?

Also, Squids Odyssey is an RPG, although it has a very uncommon fighting (but still turn-based).

I never really messed with this chat thing on this forum so I'm not sure if I have to create a link or not. Either way here is info on Alphadia Genesis.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/oV2yvmMA7or1sMGrwmNmGFtPngYkQntw

If it doesn't create a link you can copy and paste and go.