By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 4 Xbox One Exclusivity Is A Rumor, Game 'Feels' Like Mass Effect

CosmicSex said:
starcraft said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

they would get probably more than 3 million copies( probably much more ), it was a bad move by them.

You're assuming it would have been made, or at least made to the same scale, at all if it weren't for the deal with MS.

This was all far from certain.

I think its safe to assume that the sales would have followed the trend of every other multiplat released this gen.  There is no reason to assume special circumstance if the title had been released on both consoles.  It would have sold more on the PS4.  Just like COD, Battlefield, AC Unity...  there is no rational reason to assume that this title would have suceeded on Xbox One, but failed on PS4.

You've skipped ahead a step.

It appears (from what we know) unlikely that the game would have been made at all, or at least not with all its server-side features, were it not for active support from MS - a condition of which was obviously exclusivity.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Well if it just the rumor then is it the true rumor or false rumor?

Seriously why not simply answer the question....yes or no?

trasharmdsister12 said:
When you say "Feels like Mass Effect" you need to be more specific. Mass Effect 1, 2 or 3? They all felt fairly different from one another...

Maybe he just means it has alien sex, since that's pretty much the only thing all three games had in common.

Oh, and Garrus <3

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

What about the Mass Effect Trilogy remake???
Is that a rumor (genuine question; I haven't been keeping up)...
And as much as I love the world of Mass Effect, I'm not exactly sure what Mass Effect 4 could possibly be about, unless it's a prequel...
As much as I love Mass Effect, I'm scared of what it could become...

Have a nice day...

EA isn't that stupid.

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:
When you say "Feels like Mass Effect" you need to be more specific. Mass Effect 1, 2 or 3? They all felt fairly different from one another...

Actually, when someone says "this game feels like ___" it's probably cause for concern. It shouldn't have to be said that a game feels like said game lol.

Mass Effect 1 was cool, 2 was alright, 3 was kinda too watered down for me, not much of an RPG really.
I wish they made a less pretensious space game, less apocalypitic stuff, more exploring the galaxy stuff.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Guarantee it will be on PC come what may. This is a game that would get 360 owners who are intending to buy PS4 to have a serious rethink. But I also think EA are very disinclined to re-exclusivise this franchise. Timed exclusive, perhaps, exclusive DLC I can see that possibility, exclusive marketing I think you can almost be certain of this.

The cost of going true console exclusive, with the install base lead PS4 currently has, is very high. You have Dragon Age: Inquisition selling best on PS4, so the console WRPG fanbase seems to be gravitating to PS4. Mass Effect will have potentially the bigger fan base on Xb one, given that's where it started, but it is entirely possible that a lot of the Mass Effect fanbase has moved across to PS4. There has to be quite a bit of cross pollination between Dragon Age and Mass Effect.

But really people should be saying no to turning multiplats into exclusives. This is bad. This will only lead Sony to do another SFV type deal and that kind of tit for tat is not what I want to see this generation. Sink money into more exclusive new IP and get the generation humming with exciting new properties that make each console's game library unique. Also doing that means having true exclusives, rather than console/PC exclusives.

With Mass Effect 4 I will just wait until I get a new PC that is capable of running it if it skips PS4. I only buy one console per generation and I have PS4 already.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

CGI-Quality said:
starcraft said:
CosmicSex said:

- snip

You've skipped ahead a step.

It appears (from what we know) unlikely that the game would have been made at all, or at least not with all its server-side features, were it not for active support from MS - a condition of which was obviously exclusivity.

Two reasons Titanfall is exclusive -

1. EA reached out to Sony but was rebuffed. Microsoft covered the other end of the game (not IP), which meant console exclusivity.

2. EA thought the next Xbox machine would dominate.

Just to get everyone caught up.

And it was new IP without an established fanbase on either PS or Xbox. Therefore you can't claim that you are throwing away X million in sales, like you can reasonably predict in the case of games like RTR and SFV. It is far less costly for MS/Sony to buy exclusivity of a new IP because there's no goodwill element they have to pay. A new IP is an unkown and a risk, therefore the cost to buy exclusivity has to be correspondingly lower because there's a chance the console maker won't benefit at all if the game ends up being a bit of a dissappontment in the sales department. It's not every new IP that does a Gears or a Halo. Ryse, SO, and even to some extent Titanfall are examples of exclusive games that didn't really fire as might have been hoped for. One wonders how much SO would have sold had it not been for the white bundle, for example. It was great that MS put so much stock in SO that they created a special bundle for it. But aside from the white console making SO sales look better, SO has not established itself as the big new early gen IP for Xbox. And clearly with a white bundle MS were hoping for it to be something like that.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

They would be pissing off a ton of people if they made this exclusive again.