By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 4 Xbox One Exclusivity Is A Rumor, Game 'Feels' Like Mass Effect

Vasto said:
DerNebel said:
People do understand that the producer saying "just a rumor" is him essentially confirming that that rumor is false, right?

Then why not just come out and say not true and that Mass Effect will release on all platforms at the same time.  I mean this guy is the producer so he knows right now if its true or not.

"Just a rumor" is equivalent to saying that it's not true, when have you ever heard a conversation like that:

A: Hey I've heard rumors that x is going to happen

B: Oh that's just a rumor, but it's true.

?

Chances are never, cause that's not how people talk, if you say something is "just a rumor" then you're implying that it's not true.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Qwark said:
Puppyroach said:
I am still angry with MS for not buying Bioware and making them a 1st party developer. They could've had some great înhouse collaboration with other like 343i.

Nah would be another rare fiasco which is sad, they better could've secured the IP like what they did with Gears of War.

How so?

Rare was once a very good developer which devoloped games like banjo kazooie, diddy kong racing for the N64, than ms bought them and ever since they produce games like kinect sports and such while it was once a studio with talent comparable to naughty dog.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

DerNebel said:
Vasto said:
DerNebel said:
People do understand that the producer saying "just a rumor" is him essentially confirming that that rumor is false, right?

Then why not just come out and say not true and that Mass Effect will release on all platforms at the same time.  I mean this guy is the producer so he knows right now if its true or not.

"Just a rumor" is equivalent to saying that it's not true, when have you ever heard a conversation like that:

?

Chances are never, cause that's not how people talk, if you say something is "just a rumor" then you're implying that it's not true.

What I am looking for is a Yes or No and if you cant give me that then that means maybe.

Qwark said:
NobleTeam360 said:

How so?

Rare was once a very good developer which devoloped games like banjo kazooie, diddy kong racing for the N64, than ms bought them and ever since they produce games like kinect sports and such while it was once a studio with talent comparable to naughty dog.

Banjo-Kazooie, Viva Pinata, and Perfect Dark were all solid games that Rare made for Xbox. Rare was on the decline when MS bought them anyway. Bioware on the oter hand was entering their prime when EA bought them. 

I highly, HIGHLY doubt that this will happen.

If it did, even a timed exclusive move (which it surely would be) to Xbox would be a megaton. But with the Xbox trailing PS4, even with a greater Mass Effect fanbase, I just don't see this being with the realms of what Microsoft is willing to pay.

More than anything I am excited to hear about the evolution of the playable build!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
Vasto said:
DerNebel said:

?

What I am looking for is a Yes or No and if you cant give me that then that means maybe.

No actually what you're looking for is a maybe, there is a clear No implied in that comment, you just don't want to believe it.

Sure he might have lied that's a possibility (though in that case I'd wonder why he answered at all), but there really is nothing ambiguous about his tweet.

pbroy said:
Mass Effect feels like Mass Effect... Yay.

I have to say, among all VGC members you have to most sense of humor.

Timed exclusive at most.

DerNebel said:
Vasto said:
DerNebel said:

?

No actually what you're looking for is a maybe, there is a clear No implied in that comment, you just don't want to believe it.

Sure he might have lied that's a possibility (though in that case I'd wonder why he answered at all), but there really is nothing ambiguous about his tweet.

If there is a clear no then why are we even having this discussion. Thanks for sharing.

PotentHerbs said:
Timed exclusive at most.

I clear exclusive would be too expensive so it wont happen but Timed could.