By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 4 Xbox One Exclusivity Is A Rumor, Game 'Feels' Like Mass Effect

let's see, this game isn't coming out this year. at best it gets released next year. at that point its coming when there could very well be 50M+ PS4s to the XB1s 25M+

Nope, don't see it happening

Around the Network

Exclusivity would be stupid. And i really, really don't want to support Microsoft

It would be a wise thing to keep this game accessible to everyone. If this rumor were to be true, the Rise of the Tomb Raider controversy would pale in comparison. I'm sure no one wants to lose money right now.

I said this a couple of days ago.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6978499

There are a lot of inside rumors going around that say that Mass Effect indeed will be a timed and will launch first on Xbox One.

It will lose a lot of sales if its exclusive. Will sell more on ps4 if its multiplatform so it's in the best interests of the series to stay on it. But money can work wonders

Around the Network

Well, Mass Effect was initially an XBox exclusive, so it shouldn't shock anyone if it went back that route. I don't think it would cause much if an outrage, and would certainly give XOne one true heavy hitter in 2016.

Apparently EA didn't learn from Titanfall if this turns out to be true (which I doubt it is)

"Exclusive" like ME1 then at worst

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

CGI-Quality said:

I'd have no problem with this being a 100% exclusive, really. Certain games/franchises are just tailored to certain brands and Mass Effect = Xbox, to me.

That said, I'd love to see Final Fantasy and Tekken (this, especially) return to PlayStation exclusivity for the exact same reason. The chit chat about "not being accessible to everyone" has always been ridiculous, to me. If it's available on a machine, it's available to everyone. Want the game? Buy that machine.

I do expect some kind of timed exclusivity here.

I just cant see that being smart for for most companies, lowering their otential profits for one platform when they could put it on two. Unless they needed the console manufacturers help to fund it, which companies like square enix and especially namco dont need. I do get that certain franchises have more of a name  on certain machines because of their past but when you put one or two iterations of a franchise on a system and then just stop and make the future instalments exclusive to one platform when it tsold well one on each platform it comes off as weird. It also makes fans have a certain type of feeling towards the publisher like wow you can just snatch these stories and characters away from me when I have been supporting you. 

Also the want the console buy the machine is bs if it was on the persons previous console of choice and it sold well. Naturally you would expect new iterations to come to your console of choices successor after that. 

I seriously hate the thought of already existing multi-platform franchises going (timed) exclusive with their new game, no matter if it was exclusive in the past or not. Dead Rising 3, Tomb Raider, Street Fighter V, ugh. It's just a big 'fuck you' and disrespectful IMO to the part of your fanbase you're leaving out. I'm considering ME4 (haven't played any yet), but if it's exclusive or timed exclusive on any platform they can fuck right off. No way in hell I'm supporting that business.