By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 4 Xbox One Exclusivity Is A Rumor, Game 'Feels' Like Mass Effect

Ninsect said:
"Exclusive" like ME1 then at worst

6 years? I'd take that. lmao

Around the Network

message to microsoft: this is one game i would add to the must-have list. please don't moneyhat it.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Mass Effect feels like Mass Effect... Yay.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

How does "This feels like Mass Effect", get twisted into the game being an exclusive? The guy is probably talking about the games content and feeling. i.e planetary exploration, immersion etc. I'll put this down as a nonstory.

As long as that exclusivety is only for consoles and the PC version comes along the X1 one, I'll have no problem with it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

If this is true I'd buy an XBox One without any hesitation. >_>

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

CGI-Quality said:
Mad55 said:

I just cant see that being smart for for most companies, lowering their otential profits for one platform when they could put it on two. Unless they needed the console manufacturers help to fund it, which companies like square enix and especially namco dont need. I do get that certain franchises have more of a name  on certain machines because of their past but when you put one or two iterations of a franchise on a system and then just stop and make the future instalments exclusive to one platform when it tsold well one on each platform it comes off as weird. It also makes fans have a certain type of feeling towards the publisher like wow you can just snatch these stories and characters away from me when I have been supporting you. 

Also the want the console buy the machine is bs if it was on the persons previous console of choice and it sold well. Naturally you would expect new iterations to come to your console of choices successor after that. 

Potential profits are not always an issue, especially if the exclusivity is paid for (in some cases, it is). The part about: "wanting the console it's on" is not "BS" at all. Previous machines are previous machines. Shit changes. Does nobody any good to bitch and moan about exclusivity. Naturally, if I want the sequels, I'll buy them where they are available. 

Not everyone can afford to do that sometimes you buy a console based on the franchises its predecessor had and how well they did on that platform. Sometimes people aren't just bitching and moaning though a lot of the times their voicing their feelings in a reasonable way and it comes across as geniune and their points are valid. 

@bold your right but that can go either way. 

People do understand that the producer saying "just a rumor" is him essentially confirming that that rumor is false, right?

DerNebel said:
People do understand that the producer saying "just a rumor" is him essentially confirming that that rumor is false, right?

Then why not just come out and say not true and that Mass Effect will release on all platforms at the same time.  I mean this guy is the producer so he knows right now if its true or not.

CGI-Quality said:
Mad55 said:
CGI-Quality said:

- snip

Not everyone can afford to do that sometimes you buy a console based on the franchises its predecessor had and how well they did on that platform. Sometimes people aren't just bitching and moaning though a lot of the times their voicing their feelings in a reasonable way and it comes across as geniune and their points are valid. 

@bold your right but that can go either way. 

Well, we can agree to disagree. Sure, sometimes people aren't just bitching and moaning (and I'm obviously not talking about them), but that's besides my main point.

@ bold: It usually doesn't go either way. Once the company receives their share, especially if the intake is larger than the profit the game would have generated, the money is made and no one is complaining.

Thats the part that alot of people dont understand. Just because a game does not release on another platform does not mean they are missing out on anything. Never underestimate the power of guaranteed money.