By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: PS4 No. 1 in 2014, beat XB1 in Nov & Dec combined

Impressive, so PS4 will stay number one everywhere

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:

As tight as the US? doubt it, hence why I said: major.

It will be just as tight.

Stop saying this tight thing like you are some sort of authority on tightness. What if XB1 won November by 20k consoles and Sony won December by 100k consoles? Would that be tight in your book? And yes, I pulled those numbers outta my ass, kinda the same way you are coming to this tight conclusion of yours. 

Yes, the UK will be the only other territory the XB1 at least competes with the PS4, I'm just saying you can't possibly know how close or not it is.

People here are constantly taking numbers way off their ass, predicting weird stuff, attacking the site, attacking ioi, taunting him, yet you decide to only blame kowenicki for this.

And especially you are behaving many times like an authority which makes this post even funnier

We all don't know anything until we get numbers ourselves. Everything else is automatically guessed, no matter how you present it to the audience.

Also, the attacks in this thread have gone too far. Knock it off and get back on topic, because such posts in the future will be moderated harshly.

We aren't here to "victimize" other users, after all. We're here to discuss PS4 sales in the UK, and those sales are damn impressive.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Worldwide is where it really counts..investors,developers and speculators all go off worldwide....and right now Xbone can barely keep up with a massive price cut. I guess now that Xbone lost its price advantage its back up to its normal price...now the PS4 has the advantage again.

Two very healthy platforms. Gamers, rejoice!

Around the Network

If Microsoft was smart they would push a $350 model ASAP.

squibbfire said:
If Microsoft was smart they would push a $350 model ASAP.

Ehm... what would this help in UK? Do you expect USA taking over UK and forcing them to use dolares anytime soon?

walsufnir said:

People here are constantly taking numbers way off their ass, predicting weird stuff, attacking the site, attacking ioi, taunting him, yet you decide to only blame kowenicki for this.

And especially you are behaving many times like an authority which makes this post even funnier

We all don't know anything until we get numbers ourselves. Everything else is automatically guessed, no matter how you present it to the audience.

So what was I supposed to do, find every thread or user that pulls numbers or facts outta their ass and put it up in response to someone that had clearly taken it upon himself to drive a certain point home in this thread?

and I am behaving like an authority cause I am pointing out that there is no way to know how close PS4 to XB1 sales were/not in 2014 and going forward? OK, I got you. 

Intrinsic said:
walsufnir said:

So what was I supposed to do, find every thread or user that pulls numbers or facts outta their ass and put it up in response to someone that had clearly taken it upon himself to drive a certain point home in this thread?

and I am behaving like an authority cause I am pointing out that there is no way to know how close PS4 to XB1 sales were/not in 2014 and going forward? OK, I got you. 

Well, let's put it that way (and yes, this is off-topic and the last reply from me in this case): arguing with Kowen is "established" on this site which is partly also his own fault. But after a while one gets a feeling who belongs to which fanbase and let's say there is fanbase A which has quite a lot users who are constantly blaming the site but seldom get called out by people belonging to fanbase A. But if a user from fanbase B guesstimates and makes some bold statements, fanbase A is quick in arguing with this user while he is neither better nor worse than the people from fanbase A.

But whatever, your response was, in my opinion, inappropriate and especially unneeded as others already argued with Kowen who obviously already left the thread.

That's weird because everyon else says the Xbox won Nov and Dec in the UK. Hmmm