By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: PS4 No. 1 in 2014, beat XB1 in Nov & Dec combined

shloob said:

That's weird because everyon else says the Xbox won Nov and Dec in the UK. Hmmm

Who?

Around the Network

Wow, that's surprising! Both PS4 and X1 had great deals there, so I guess PlayStation with the stronger and more popular brand won there too.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

walsufnir said:

Well, let's put it that way (and yes, this is off-topic and the last reply from me in this case): arguing with Kowen is "established" on this site which is partly also his own fault. But after a while one gets a feeling who belongs to which fanbase and let's say there is fanbase A which has quite a lot users who are constantly blaming the site but seldom get called out by people belonging to fanbase A. But if a user from fanbase B guesstimates and makes some bold statements, fanbase A is quick in arguing with this user while he is neither better nor worse than the people from fanbase A.

But whatever, your response was, in my opinion, inappropriate and especially unneeded as others already argued with Kowen who obviously already left the thread.

So I've done something wrong by pointing out something to a certain user cause others have done similar or cause its supposedly becoming of a certain fanbase. And you have taken it upon yourself to say my response was inappropriate. I dunno, but I don't think its appropriate for you to tell me who or how to talk to anyone. especially if all I'm saying is that there is no way to know something. But hey, what do I know? 

As speculated earlier when the charts dropped yesterday, we should only expect to hear about hardware if Xbox One wins.

Oops. That confirms the theory that MCV don't comment on weekly sales unless XB1 wins.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:
Well, there you have it. So, much of this speculation can be laid to rest. Seems like the US will be the only major battleground this gen. Quite the turnaround!

Eh?  This was very close.  The UK is a battleground.  Believe it.

In Nov and Dec, yeah. Rest of the year? Nope.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

How is possible to "win" Blackfriday week and "lose" Blackfriday/Cybermonday days?

But without numbers this is most pointless.

PS: We used to argue about unreliable/unchecked numbers. Now you guys are fighting for no numbers at all.

Xbox won in November by a smaller margin then PS4 seemed to have a much stronger December.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Dark_Feanor said:

How is possible to "win" Blackfriday week and "lose" Blackfriday/Cybermonday days?

PS: We used to argue about unreliable/unchecked numbers. Now you guys are fighting for no numbers at all.

By having firesales all week long vs. just for one day. 

This is not pointless at all since it tells us PS4 won Dec and also Nov+Dec combined and thus the year easily. This tells us that XB1 didn't manage to shrink the gap at all in the holiday season and that it only widened. This is not a good thing for it in the UK since PS4 will handily outsell it in the rest of the year.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Dark_Feanor said:

Xbone won BF week by just a few hundred units I seem to remember. PS4 must've just won BF but X1 beat it in the rest of the week beforehand, like it had been doing in November since the price cut.

I think BF marked the turning point where PS4 began winning.