By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: PS4 No. 1 in 2014, beat XB1 in Nov & Dec combined

platformmaster918 said:

Well now whoever "corrected" me when I said PS4 was beating X1 even after the price cuts can apologize now.

Hehehe this is a thread that keeps on giving

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
shogunknight said:
Wasnt it the same MCV that stated XB1 was the higher selling console during black fridays week? This is cumulative though so its a bit different. PS4 has taken almost all countries, US is all XB1 has left now.

When is the PS4 releasing in China? Jan 9th or 11th

What? PS4 is comfortably ahead there still and will widen its lead again this year

Maybe he means all it has a chance at winning

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
Ninsect said:
shogunknight said:
Wasnt it the same MCV that stated XB1 was the higher selling console during black fridays week? This is cumulative though so its a bit different. PS4 has taken almost all countries, US is all XB1 has left now.

When is the PS4 releasing in China? Jan 9th or 11th

What? PS4 is comfortably ahead there still and will widen its lead again this year

True. But that has been known for a long while now.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:

True. But that has been known for a long while now.

I guess people were just holding out for the UK and maybe China but now know those dreams are never coming true.  For the record I think with the price going back up its chances in the US are very small especially because I think PS4 will get a permanent price cut in all territories this September.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

MS were kinda rendered useless here by the PS4 :P

My younger brother got a LBP3 bundle for Christmas so it's not surprising.

Around the Network

Very interesting numbers. This also confirms that if MCV doesn't talk about HW numbers, the PS4 is almost guaranteed to be ahead for that week. It also demonstrates that when both systems are pretty much the same price, the PS4 is going to pull ahead. I think we'll see this same result in Jan NPD, unless MS changes the price back to $349 real soon.

Also of interest is how this gen is playing out. Before the start of this gen, and during the first couple of months, quite a few people from all 3 sides thought that the US and the UK were going to be cakewalks for MS. Sony really brought their A game this gen.

It seems like the UK has joined the rest of Europe at Sonyland! This is great news! It shows Sony if they were semi aggressive they could possibly take  the US as well.

Grats goes out to Sony UK for their promotion and marketing campaigns.

Note: Xbox One is probably overtracked

The XBO must be overtracked in the UK by AT LEAST 30k.

Here's the (so far) combined Nov and Dec numbers according to VGC:
XBO: 494704
PS4: 468592

Now, goven that the PS4 is ~1 million overtracked, I think it's safe to assume that it is overtracked in the UK as well. That means that the XBO is even more overtracked in the UK.

MMw, the Xone is not even at 10M sold.
Or else Ms would already say it officially, i can't believe they won't say something big like "10 M XONE SOLD".

Really overtracked in the EU, 100% sure. And probably for the ROW too.

Well, we know that VGC has gotten it's December charts wrong. They have the Xbox One outselling the PS4 every week so far in December.

Oh, and even if VGC were right. The UK is really no that tight of a race. The PS4 is outselling the Xbox One by nearly 25% according to VGC, and that's coming out of the Xbox One's best chance yet, and for the foreseeable future to make up ground.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.