By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: PS4 No. 1 in 2014, beat XB1 in Nov & Dec combined

Where is Translation-san where you need him. Poor old Sony is getting shipped confused with sold again.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Teeqoz said:
The XBO must be overtracked in the UK by AT LEAST 30k.

Here's the (so far) combined Nov and Dec numbers according to VGC:
XBO: 494704
PS4: 468592

Now, goven that the PS4 is ~1 million overtracked, I think it's safe to assume that it is overtracked in the UK as well. That means that the XBO is even more overtracked in the UK.

The PS4 is about 700K overtracked, actually. Some of us have already done some math

Yeah, and if the ps4 is overtracked that much, i don't even want to think about the one. I know last EU numbers were way too high for the Xone, even with Uk.

foodfather said:
Where is Translation-san where you need him. Poor old Sony is getting shipped confused with sold again.

huh

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
foodfather said:

huh

wishful thinking

walsufnir said:
teigaga said:
walsufnir said:
MS can't win back with the way they started in this gen. Let's at least hope they can keep it close for the sake of competition.

Hmm, I just wish Microsofts response would be to continually increase its internal studios instead of buying 3rd party content which only seems to help in short term.

Who says they don't?

They've been in this business for 3 generations now... I'd say it's time to put up or shut up. What do you think?

Around the Network
sully1311 said:

PS4 was the UK's best-selling console in 2014

Sony has added to its global PS4 sales info by confirming the console’s UK success in 2014.

The platform holder says GfK Chart-Track data shows that PS4 was the UK’s best-selling console in 2014 and also the best-selling machine on both Black Friday and Cyber Monday in November.

It was also the best-selling console in the final week of the year and the best-selling across November and December combined, although it has previously been claimed that Xbox One was the best-selling machine in November alone.

Earlier today Sony said that PS4 has now sold 18.5m PS4sworldwide.

The most recent Xbox One count had the console pegged at 10m shipped, not sold, as of November.

PS4 hit 1m UK sales in early September while Xbox One reached the same total in late November.

Microsoft’s machine enjoyed a few spells of superiority in the UK in 2014, both immediately after yet another UK price cut and for Black Friday week ending November 29th.

Speculation suggests Xbox One put in a strong showing in the US late in the year, although PS4 is almost certain to be crowned as the region’s best-selling 2014 machine.

The bold is always the case with MS.They always count shipped instead of sold.You cannot trust their figures when they have been caught several times previously lying about what they have sold.

Namiirei said:

MMw, the Xone is not even at 10M sold.
Or else Ms would already say it officially, i can't believe they won't say something big like "10 M XONE SOLD".

Really overtracked in the EU, 100% sure. And probably for the ROW too.

Exactly

So complete domination in every teritory with the only region Xbox one being close is the US?

Well done Sony, people on here were sure Xbox one would run away with the UK and USA.

DerNebel said:
Ninsect said:
foodfather said:

huh

wishful thinking

Yeah but didn't he post his wishful thinking in the wrong thread lol? Or does he really think Sony beat MS in shipments in the UK and not sales??

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
DerNebel said:

wishful thinking

Yeah but didn't he post his wishful thinking in the wrong thread lol? Or does he really think Sony beat MS in shipments in the UK and not sales??

Don't think he really thought that comment through.