By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: PS4 No. 1 in 2014, beat XB1 in Nov & Dec combined

kowenicki said:
Burek said:
So, I guess we know that:
a) VGC tracks UK consoles badly
b) the reason why MCV fails to report any tidbits on console sales
c) given that we now know that PS4 is overtracked, XOne is definitely overtracked in the UK.
d) XOne overtracking in EU and RoW must also be large
e) software charts accurately showed that PS4 is winning
f) UK gap is widening, and XOne is losing steam despite being priced competitively.
g) first half of 2015 will be handily won by PS4, I expect it tonl approach 2:1 in that period

a) easily within acceptable margins

b) tin foil hat is easily fashioned

c) er... eh?  we dont know the ps4 is overtracked in the UK? so...

d) we dont know this from this

e) they may do, they may not, hard to gauge

f) gap in sales per week has shrunk, therefore the ratio is shrinking. every little step...

g) thats just a hope at this point.

Yeah, I don't think your opinions are really relevant anymore. It is being proven time and time again that you are completely wrong in 95% of things you write here, so basically you are probably correct in one third of one point you are responding here. Like c) where I never said it is overtracked in UK (you just add stuff and make stuff up so they suit you), like in f) where I said that GAP is widening, yet you mention ratios for reasons known only to you, like in a), like in.....eh, why even bother, your credibility is so poor and ruined by numerous inaccuracies, I will just continue to read your posts as comedic entertainment from now on. 

Please don't quote or respond to my quotes anymore, because everytime you do I get disappointed because I think that someone has something relevant to respond.

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:
walsufnir said:
MS can't win back with the way they started in this gen. Let's at least hope they can keep it close for the sake of competition.

Yeah. Too bad we will have competition only in NA.

Yeah, I can almost feel your tears.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

kowenicki said:
Mike_L said:
kowenicki said:

It will be just as tight.

Which is a HUGE improvement for PlayStation compared to last gen.

Yes.  And the xbox  has improved gen on gen too in the UK. (everywhere actually)

Wrong again.   Japan says hi...

I think we should all, well most of us, pat ourselves on the back for noticing that PS4 was winning all the weeks in December.

Doesn't surprise me with all those massive UK deals.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

We know the Xbox One tracking was spot on up to 15th November by the way.

1.009m on here versus "Passed 1m" from the official tracker. This was annoucned on 20th November for the previous weeks chart and numbers. Bang on.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-one-sells-1m-in-the-uk/0141711

Well, they're bang on because they adjusted them after that news to be bang on. They were quite undertracking the Xbox before that. They probably overcompensated afterwards. I mean, it could be that PS4 is undertracked instead, but that's hard to belive given that we know WW figures are overtracked.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

kowenicki said:
Blood_Tears said:
kowenicki said:
Mike_L said:
kowenicki said:

Which is a HUGE improvement for PlayStation compared to last gen.

Yes.  And the xbox  has improved gen on gen too in the UK. (everywhere actually)

Wrong again.   Japan says hi...

Japan is a given.  lol.

Nobody is increasing there.  Nobody.

But US, NA, UK, EUROPE, ROW.  all increased. 

Japan is dying, we all know this, good job Xbox was never big there, less of a hit for xbox. 

Just keep that in mind for when PS4 starts outselling PS3 in Japan.

kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:
walsufnir said:
CGI-Quality said:
Well, there you have it. So, much of this speculation can be laid to rest. Seems like the US will be the only major battleground this gen. Quite the turnaround!

Why is UK no battleground?

As tight as the US? doubt it, hence why I said: major.

Stop saying this tight thing like you are some sort of authority on tightness. What if XB1 won November by 20k consoles and Sony won December by 100k consoles? Would that be tight in your book? And yes, I pulled those numbers outta my ass, kinda the same way you are coming to this tight conclusion of yours. 

Yes, the UK will be the only other territory the XB1 at least competes with the PS4, I'm just saying you can't possibly know how close or not it is.

This isn't a major surprise when I consider the sales in local stores, and general "buzz" around here.

Still I have no doubt it's close. And it will no doubt get closer.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

The only country the Xbox One needs to win is the US. It doesn't need the UK or everyone else ;_;