By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: PS4 No. 1 in 2014, beat XB1 in Nov & Dec combined

walsufnir said:
MS can't win back with the way they started in this gen. Let's at least hope they can keep it close for the sake of competition.

Yeah. Too bad we will have competition only in NA.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

Nice work on both sides, they're were some deals which made me regret buying day one!
I think this year we will see a clear winner though

So, I guess we know that:
a) VGC tracks UK consoles badly
b) the reason why MCV fails to report any tidbits on console sales
c) given that we now know that PS4 is overtracked, XOne is definitely overtracked in the UK.
d) XOne overtracking in EU and RoW must also be large
e) software charts accurately showed that PS4 is winning
f) UK gap is widening, and XOne is losing steam despite being priced competitively.
g) first half of 2015 will be handily won by PS4, I expect it tonl approach 2:1 in that period

Tight or wide, PS4 is winning! That's good. Not a surprise to me though, have been saying this in the UK threads for a while now.

kowenicki said:
bananaking21 said:

nobody is trying to be dramatic. fact is, you claimed they won 7 weeks in a row, when they didnt, and you claimed it as fact, do you deny? 

No I dont.  Because thats what all the evidence we had at the time pointed to.

So shoot me.

You and many, many others also stated the ps4 was massively undertracked many times.  "Do you deny?"

This is silly.  We act on what data we have access to

Yeah i'm on his (and everyone else in this thread's) side you were, and are, rude and condencending as if your opinion is fact, and then wrong...

Sorry that was rude and condenceding, but i was right ;)

This is fun I get why you do this...

Buying order: Switch, better pc

Around the Network

Nice, since MS opened the door for using the UK in the US NPD PR, Maybe Sony will use this in the December NPD PR? :)

Xbox One overtracked in VGC too, it seems.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

So PS4 does win the holiday season like I expected but great XB1 deals made it closer than it it might've been. I expect there won't be much in it but PS4 probably won every week in December while XB1 won every week in November, all by small margains. VGC has been gives quite a bit of info to adjust with now

kowenicki said:
Burek said:
So, I guess we know that:
a) VGC tracks UK consoles badly
b) the reason why MCV fails to report any tidbits on console sales
c) given that we now know that PS4 is overtracked, XOne is definitely overtracked in the UK.
d) XOne overtracking in EU and RoW must also be large
e) software charts accurately showed that PS4 is winning
f) UK gap is widening, and XOne is losing steam despite being priced competitively.
g) first half of 2015 will be handily won by PS4, I expect it tonl approach 2:1 in that period

a) easily within acceptable margins

b) tin foil hat is easily fashioned

c) er... eh?  we dont know the ps4 is overtracked in the UK? so...

d) we dont know this from this

e) they may do, they may not, hard to gauge

f) gap in sales per week has shrunk, therefore the ratio is shrinking. every little step...

g) thats just a hope at this point.

*In reference to f* It has a while to go before it outpaces PS4. In order for the gap to get smaller X1 has to consistenly sell more than PS4. Until it does so the gap will just keep on getting bigger..

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:
walsufnir said:
CGI-Quality said:
Well, there you have it. So, much of this speculation can be laid to rest. Seems like the US will be the only major battleground this gen. Quite the turnaround!

Why is UK no battleground?

As tight as the US? doubt it, hence why I said: major.

It will be just as tight.

Which is a HUGE improvement for PlayStation compared to last gen.