By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So ps4 is overtracked.. lets talk!

What is your reaction?

People where pushing sales numbers to far! 64 22.30%

Sony is wrong, def 20 million! 46 16.03%

18.5 million is still good! 142 49.48%

See results... 33 11.50%

Total:285

PS4 overtracked and PS Vita undertracked...

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
18.5m is very impressive but its been annoying seeing the same people claiming that its undetracked every week in the sales threads.

Yeah, if there's one good thing it means the constant chant of "overtracked" will be quietened down. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

shogunknight said:

On micorsofts case we just have to wait till probably january 10th at their CES conference to know, if VGC is overtracked with PS4 numbers i dont think its by much. They did say holiday season but didnt specify up to which date so it could be up to any date of december for example

Ummmm, Microsoft isn't at CES anymore, or at least not in the big section with all the major companies like Sony, Samsung, LG, Phillips, ect.

BraLoD said:
Conegamer said:
MoHasanie said:
18.5m is very impressive but its been annoying seeing the same people claiming that its undetracked every week in the sales threads.

Yeah, if there's one good thing it means the constant chant of "overtracked" will be quietened down. 

Undertracked you mean.

And no! It's almost like a VGC tradition! We can't break our traditions

Actually was the XBO price cut eating sales from the PS4, if it stops now that it went back to the regular price the tracking should get right again. I remember that thread I had about the PS4 tracking here and that in slow months/periods VGC was doing a superb job tracking it. It's when the sales are going too fast that it starts going off.

Yeah, undertracked. That one ¬_¬

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Right around where I expected them to be, I think some people get carried away with value of round numbers due to base 10.

Around the Network

People were basing a lot of their 20 mil by end of 2014 on this numbers. If the numbers were right and it was as high as the site tracked it as then 20 mil would of been right on.

The X1 is likely also very overtracked

- M, Carl

wary-wallaroo said:
The X1 is likely also very overtracked

Its is in Uk already, even more when they will adjust PS4 numbers there since PS4 sold more for november+ décember

Unfortunately since MS hides sell through numbers ans spin shippement " almost 10M" , it will likely stay overtracked

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

vivster said:
biglittlesps said:
vivster said:

The problem here is that people set their expectation too low when PS4 launched. Having high expectations after so many predictions were surpassed is only natural.

It was pretty unfair of Sony to let the PS4 sell so well during the year and do nothing in the holidays. That was specifically designed to make people overshoot with their predictions.

I think PS4 would have achieved 20 million easily if XB1 did not provide price cuts and bundles where some of the sales went.

And PS4 would've easily mitigated that with a pricecut on its own and more bundles. Yet they did nothing and as such let X1 sprint ahead.

Sony are the master trolls of VGC.

Yea they could have but I think Sony is focusing on making money this year not winning some arbitrary battle with MS. Sony has already won as far as I'm conercerned 360 beat PS3 by 18mil last gen I think Sonys main goal was to stop that from happening again which is safe to say that has been stopped.

Now they just need to concentrate on doing the things they started doing at the end of last gen and that's releasing new and interesting IP's.

BraLoD said:
Augen said:
Right around where I expected them to be, I think some people get carried away with value of round numbers due to base 10.

Yes, the base of 10 is a bitch! She deceive us with her tricks, just because she is so round, so comfortable, so beautiful!

She is like a mermaid and we like mans of the sea, she is always chanting to fool us and do as she pleases!

Does explain the year 2000 nonsense.