By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So ps4 is overtracked.. lets talk!

What is your reaction?

People where pushing sales numbers to far! 64 22.30%

Sony is wrong, def 20 million! 46 16.03%

18.5 million is still good! 142 49.48%

See results... 33 11.50%

Total:285
biglittlesps said:

18-19 was i expected too and still its excellent number. Seems like VGC overtracked by little over 0.5 million here. And i expect same for XB1 too otherwise Microsoft would have provided sales number for their 10 million sales by now.

People said the same thing about being over 1 million for November NPD when MS didn't say it. So don't write off over 10 million.

Around the Network

On micorsofts case we just have to wait till probably january 10th at their CES conference to know, if VGC is overtracked with PS4 numbers i dont think its by much. They did say holiday season but didnt specify up to which date so it could be up to any date of december for example

Anyone here made a bet that it would be 20m by the end of 2014?

shogunknight said:

On micorsofts case we just have to wait till probably january 10th at their CES conference to know, if VGC is overtracked with PS4 numbers i dont think its by much. They did say holiday season but didnt specify up to which date so it could be up to any date of december for example

January 4th

jlmurph2 said:
shogunknight said:

January 4th

Ah, there it is. Yeah, its definitely overtracked then. Thanks for the update

Around the Network

I think before September, most folks myself included expected 17 Million, so 18.5 Million is an excellent result.

It's in the last two months or so that we were led to believe the trajectory could be even higher, but what could we think given that VGC's estimate is running ~1 Million overtracked and we don't have other sources.

My 8th gen collection

Let's talk about one of the fastest selling gaming consoles of all time.

Humbled to be a Sony fan. Praise Kaz.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

18.5 million is an awesome number for any console so I think its pretty its a pretty awesome achievement! But I guess this means that the wii outsold it for the relative year then huh? The power of casuals indeed

oh it did? Thats nice then - i guess we have to wait for VGC monthly comparison articles. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I don't remember when, but somewhere along the line I mentioned that by the end of the holiday season VGChartz will have PS4 and Xbone's sold numbers higher than Sony and Microsoft's shipped numbers. I could be pretty close to right for PS4 once we get the last two weeks of updates. Do I win anything?

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

vivster said:
biglittlesps said:
vivster said:

The problem here is that people set their expectation too low when PS4 launched. Having high expectations after so many predictions were surpassed is only natural.

It was pretty unfair of Sony to let the PS4 sell so well during the year and do nothing in the holidays. That was specifically designed to make people overshoot with their predictions.

I think PS4 would have achieved 20 million easily if XB1 did not provide price cuts and bundles where some of the sales went.

And PS4 would've easily mitigated that with a pricecut on its own and more bundles. Yet they did nothing and as such let X1 sprint ahead.

Sony are the master trolls of VGC.

Sony wanted profits but not outselling XB1 and reaching 20 million by year end thats why they did not do anything like MS. MS was desperate to increase install base otherwise they would lose so early this generaton so they did price cut and huge bundles.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.