By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So ps4 is overtracked.. lets talk!

What is your reaction?

People where pushing sales numbers to far! 64 22.30%

Sony is wrong, def 20 million! 46 16.03%

18.5 million is still good! 142 49.48%

See results... 33 11.50%

Total:285

20m is an arbitrary benchmark to be excited about, anyway. There's this weird obsession with groups of 10's. I promise you, the $$$ Sony made this holiday won't be an even 10 number, and that's all they care about.

Around the Network
Aerys said:

From something called logic

How so? 

I predicted that the PS4's sales would hit between 19-20M by the end of 2014, so I wasn't too far off. 18.5M is still a very impressive number especially when earlier this year, people scoffed at such a number. Heck, some thought 16M was too optimistic.

@Shogunknight

I doubt you will hear numbers at the Windows 10 event.  The xbox news will likely be how Windows 10 and Xbox can link with one interface.  A new game RTS game maybe and possibly remote play with xbox.

You wont hear numbers until quarter results where they will announce around 13-14m probably

JayWood2010 said:
spemanig said:
20m is an arbitrary benchmark to be excited about, anyway. There's this weird obsession with groups of 10's. I promise you, the $$$ Sony made this holiday won't be an even 10 number, and that's all they care about.

I doubt you will hear numbers at the Windows 10 event.  The xbox news will likely be how Windows 10 and Xbox can link with one interface.  A new game RTS game maybe and possibly remote play with xbox.

You wont hear numbers until quarter results where they will announce around 13-14m probably

...What does that have anything to do with what I said?

Around the Network

JayWood2010 said:

...What does that have anything to do with what I said?

Sorry, i quoted the wrong person.  It was suppse to be shogunknight

JayWood2010 said:

@Shogunknight

We'll hear something around then, MS Q results ar 26th Jan (a monday, very odd).

Now that the PS4 is overtracked worldwide people can finally stop with the "PS4 is undertracked" nonsense or accusations that this site favors Xbox One.

Proud to be a Californian.

Hiku said:
Solid-Stark said:
It means the PS4 slowed down during December. If it's some 1m+ overtracked, then that means XOne beat it or fared much better compared to PS4 during the month worldwide.

No, because you're automatically assuming that XB1 wasn't also overtracked enough to make a difference. We'd need Microsoft's sold through numbers to make that comparison. Because they were generally estimated at the same ratio in EU and RoW on vgchartz. When PS4 did worse in EU, so did XB1. When PS4 did better in EU, so did XB1. There are some exceptions, generally when a new big title was released for either system. It's possible, but certainly nothing to draw that conclusion from. Also, this isn't just about December. PS4 has evidently been overtracked for a while now.
Though if XB1 won worldwide, you'd think MS would announce it, seeing as it would be their biggest victory ever.

1. I know this and what follows, and I avoided saying that on purpose.

2. Only somewhat. Ending October we knew it was undertracked in some parts of Europe. Ending November was up in the air though adjustments were made for BF week.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

kowenicki said:
I'm confused.

Apparently people are blaming VGC tracking for making posters have too higher expectations.

Yet people have been saying that VGC was undertracking the PS4 for the last few months....?

You just love to fish do you.

VGC tracking was off by Sony's reported numbers earlier, and now VGC tracking is above latest report, meaning it went off track severely likely in the range of the last two months or so. Thus the mislead in predictions. Easy to see.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)