By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So ps4 is overtracked.. lets talk!

What is your reaction?

People where pushing sales numbers to far! 64 22.30%

Sony is wrong, def 20 million! 46 16.03%

18.5 million is still good! 142 49.48%

See results... 33 11.50%

Total:285

"Steam is Hell for Console makers, Retailers, Publishers, future of AAA/AA game developers and Gamers"

Excuse me but that is like saying you are ungrateful that some of the biggest names in PC gaming took their games to consoles (Ken Levine, for example, who was involved in System Shock 2 1999 and who made Bioshock, a game series that is nothing but a dumbed down version of System Shock 2).

It's like saying PC did nothing to contribute to consoles (which it did - one example above^).

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
18.5m is very impressive but its been annoying seeing the same people claiming that its undetracked every week in the sales threads.

IKR!!!!

I dont know where they got their assumptions from. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
MoHasanie said:
18.5m is very impressive but its been annoying seeing the same people claiming that its undetracked every week in the sales threads.

IKR!!!!

I dont know where they got their assumptions from. 

From something called logic

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

The irony is that consoles hold back gaming because they get the lesser versions of games, while PC has always evolved forward.

Saying that PC is holding back gaming is extremely ignorant. Expecting consoles to get better/to better PC is laughable.

PC holds back gaming and consoles don't is like saying the industrial revolution is holding back the stone age.

Around the Network

We've already had 3 threads about this, so let's not and say we did!

Aerys said:

Its is in Uk already, even more when they will adjust PS4 numbers there since PS4 sold more for november+ décember

Unfortunately since MS hides sell through numbers ans spin shippement " almost 10M" , it will likely stay overtracked

At least this time VGC can't  adjust one without adjusting  the other so maybe they'll  actually fix X1 numbers too. Doubt it though. I'm  surprised they haven't  alreasy adjusted PS4 down, I would think they'd  be rushing to do that

- Don't attack the site.

Carl

It means the PS4 slowed down during December. If it's some 1m+ overtracked, then that means XOne beat it or fared much better compared to PS4 during the month worldwide.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Seece said:
shogunknight said:

On micorsofts case we just have to wait till probably january 10th at their CES conference to know, if VGC is overtracked with PS4 numbers i dont think its by much. They did say holiday season but didnt specify up to which date so it could be up to any date of december for example

I can find no evidence of this?

Its a day after CES apparently, my mistake

PHIL SPENCER PRESENTING AT WINDOWS 10 EVENT

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/11/phil-spencer-presenting-at-windows-10-event

super6646 said:
shogunknight said:

On micorsofts case we just have to wait till probably january 10th at their CES conference to know, if VGC is overtracked with PS4 numbers i dont think its by much. They did say holiday season but didnt specify up to which date so it could be up to any date of december for example

Ummmm, Microsoft isn't at CES anymore, or at least not in the big section with all the major companies like Sony, Samsung, LG, Phillips, ect.

Yeah, just found out. But they do have something up their sleeves

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/save-date-microsoft-confirms-windows-10-event-january-21st/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/11/phil-spencer-presenting-at-windows-10-event