By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will The Order: 1886 surprise people?

thedawghousev2 said:
Slade6alpha said:
I'm still not impressed much. Camera looks wonky, stiff, and way too much QTEs.

I'll either rent it, or buy it on Black Friday for $20.

what if it reviews well

Tomb Raider reviewed well, but it doesn't translate into a good game. Seemingly reviewers like games that play themself alone and live on simple inputs, QTE's and stuff like that. Understandable, they have to play and review a lot of games, and this way they save time. But as a player I like games that I play and need my skills, something that puts reviewers into difficulty, as it means they have to learn and master controls and that takes time away from reviewing different games. So no, good reviews aren't a guarantee for a good game.

On the other side, I also can not say guaranteed it will be a bad game. I'll have to see, how it plays.

Either way, this does not influence sales that much. But The Order is too much niche and strange, to be a extraordinary hit (like GTA, COD or FIFA), but it will do OK, a million or even a few millions sales.

The title I'm more hyped for at the moment is Bloodborne, based on the greatness that is Demon's Souls. I hope they didn't simplified too much, that would take away from the appeal.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Not entirely a response to the question but in a way it already surprised me early on. My perception of this game has been somewhat the opposite of many other people

When it was first revealed and we didn't know much other than it looked like a squad based TPS with people talking about GOW, I dismissed it, thinking "Oh no, don't tell me Sony's gonna try to clone Gears of war... pass". Other than the nice setting which i enjoy, It just seemed like it would be a game not up my alley. This is based on the E3 2013 teaser, with no in game footage, and people's expectations of it from it

Then as 2014 showed more of the game, my interest grew bigger and bigger until the point where it is my most anticipated game right now
It quelled all my fears slowly but surely; no focus whatsoever on MP, focus on story, world and characters, more gameplay other than straight cover shooting all the time, great soundtrack, interesting weapons (long live recoil) and RAD's passion for the lore they've created. Looks like a game tailored for me. Beat my initial negative expectations (when people had positive ones)

Mnementh said:

Tomb Raider reviewed well, but it doesn't translate into a good game. Seemingly reviewers like games that play themself alone and live on smple inputs, QTE's and stuff like that. Understandable, they have to play and review a lot of games, and this way they save time. But as a player I like games that I play and need my skills, something that puts reviewers into difficulty, as it means they have to learn and master controls and that takes time away from reviewing different games. So no, good reviews aren't a guarantee for a good game.

What a horrible comment.

Seeing as how half the people playing E3 didn't understand how the thermite rifle worked and how that french journalist got lost on the airship and took 2 minutes to open a locked door, i'd say The Order already put them "into difficulty" lol

Such is the standard of game journalists

it seems like Infamous Second Son, and the fall of the order will be the same, so not. It won´t surprise people at all. 

"Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?". If the answer is no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something"

Steve Jobs

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Mnementh said:

Tomb Raider reviewed well, but it doesn't translate into a good game. Seemingly reviewers like games that play themself alone and live on smple inputs, QTE's and stuff like that. Understandable, they have to play and review a lot of games, and this way they save time. But as a player I like games that I play and need my skills, something that puts reviewers into difficulty, as it means they have to learn and master controls and that takes time away from reviewing different games. So no, good reviews aren't a guarantee for a good game.

What a horrible comment.

What? Why? Am I not entitled to my opinion. I compare it to Tomb Raider, and I was entirely disliking that game (and yes, I played it, completely as I had not to do much to play it through as it played itself mostly). The fun part about Tomb Raider was raiding tombs, but that was it already. I'm not saying The Order will be as bad as Tomb Raider, but I say good reviews alone are no guarantee it will be good.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

manuelogando40 said:

it seems like Infamous Second Son, and the fall of the order will be the same

What does this even mean?

Mnementh said:
DerNebel said:
Mnementh said:

What a horrible comment.

What? Why? Am I not entitled to my opinion. I compare it to Tomb Raider, and I was entirely disliking that game (and yes, I played it, completely as I had not to do much to play it through as it played itself mostly). The fun part about Tomb Raider was raiding tombs, but that was it already. I'm not saying The Order will be as bad as Tomb Raider, but I say good reviews alone are no guarantee it will be good.

You not liking a game doesn't mean it is not a good game but I was referring more to the 'reviewers like games that play themselves' part.

DerNebel said:

You not liking a game doesn't mean it is not a good game but I was referring more to the 'reviewers like games that play themselves' part.

That is a bit of speculation and review scores are the result of complex and different reasons, I give you that. But basically I can't trust reviews that put Tomb Raider above Monster Hunter, Etrian Odyssey and games like that.

fireburn95 said:
Gameplay looks fine, the only thing they need to perfect is story, if they can do that they can easily get 9's

I agree.