By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will The Order: 1886 surprise people?

Considering how much hate this game is getting before it's launch, it will probably do really well.

Around the Network

I guess it will fail critically so won't be above 80 on meta but nowadays nobody cares for this if it's an exclusive. Look at driveclub. There will always be people who love a certain game, especially if it's an exclusive and has good graphics because then you can use it perfectly on forum discussions.

walsufnir said:
I guess it will fail critically so won't be above 80 on meta but nowadays nobody cares for this if it's an exclusive. Look at driveclub. There will always be people who love a certain game, especially if it's an exclusive and has good graphics because then you can use it perfectly on forum discussions.

Oh my...

I think that The order will surprise a lot. Every time i watch a trailer i see many similarities with the works of Naughty Dog. Personally i predict a metascore of at least 86.

Blob said:

There are people who dont like the uncharted/last of us style of gameplay and they can see that the order is shaping up to fit that kind of mould. So no it's not ignorant of people to say they don't like that style of game and therefore find what theyve seen of the order to be pretty average.

Like I said, people with open minds may find it surprising but people with closed minds will just stick with a narrative that's already formed from a short playthrough of an unfinished game. These people will never find it surprising, they'll either be elated that it DID turn out to be avarage and unsurprising OR continue being ignorant because it suits them. You'll find a lot of these people congregate in Driveclub threads too. They're like a separate species of forum users.

To boil it down to simple terms: Because I own a PS4 I'm hoping it's going to be a great game but I won't be afraid to say it's not if it isn't, whilst this half-breed forum user will hope it's rubbish and won't have the balls to admit they're wrong.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

That was the worst post i read since a long time

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

QTE-fest? The E3 demo which was the only thing we saw for months didn't even have a single QTE

the PSX demo only had it on the cockpit scene which lasts around 30 seconds

Aerys said:
walsufnir said:

Indeed. Not caring about meta is a good thing, not bad, as metacritic is one of the worse things in the gaming industry.

I dunno how the game will rate nor do I care... 8 out of 10 (made up statistic) games that rate 90+ are garbage to me and most great games of all time rated in the 70s and low 80s. From what i've seen i have no doubt i'll enjoy this more than nearly every other game in 2015, if not all of them.

Aerys said:
walsufnir said:

learned never to take Walsufnir serious in any forum concerning the PS4...

im sorry but since 1st i see this game i gotnlove with the game , jut look that city ,the characters, the weapons,

No way will this meta 80+. Think Knack to Beyond Two Souls. The gameplay looks shite.