By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will The Order: 1886 surprise people?

Protendo said:

Which is why we know ther media has an agenda.  The only game you are told directly not to preorder, after giving a great review to The Crew, not mentioning Halo's network errors, and a decent review for Assasin Creed reviews.  If that doesn't scream agenda, what does?

Absolutely. I don't know what it is about this multi billion dollar business that attracts potential bent deals ... do you?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I hope so, there's not enough games set in my home of London. So it's nice to see two games out this year, The Order 1886 and the next Assassin's Creed set in my home city.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:
I hope so, there's not enough games set in my home of London. So it's nice to see two games out this year, The Order 1886 and the next Assassin's Creed set in my home city.

Isn't Bloodborne also set there too? At least that's what I heard.

riderz13371 said:
the2real4mafol said:

Isn't Bloodborne also set there too? At least that's what I heard.

I don't much about that game, but it looks similar even if not based in London, certainly its setting seems based on the city

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Most people expect a bad game and they dont even know why, they will be surprised when they will see thé amount of good reviews

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Blob said:

so open minded people will like it but those who think it looks bad must have an agenda? sounds like you have an "agenda" of your own there.

There's a difference between taste and having an agenda. This game can still surprise people but not be liked by them. Regardless of whether the game surprises people and actually plays brilliantly, those with an agenda will simply boil the game down into simple terms just like they did with TLOU. I suppose 'ignorance' would have been a better choice of word. I might hate the game myself but that's BECAUSE I'm open minded not because I've already had my mind made up.

There are people who dont like the uncharted/last of us style of gameplay and they can see that the order is shaping up to fit that kind of mould. So no it's not ignorant of people to say they don't like that style of game and therefore find what theyve seen of the order to be pretty average.

fatslob-:O said:
I don't think it will ...

The only thing this game does to stand out from the other cover-based third person shooter's is the different setting and more unique or original content along with it's extremely good graphics ...

So you don't think it will do well. You're reasoning is that the only thing that sets it apart is it's unique atmosphere, unique setting, unique content and amazing graphics. I pose a question for you then. Aside from those four things, what else could possibly set it apart other 3rd person cover based shooters?

I hope it's not too long. I could use a game I can play in a week, then replay because I want more. Too many games nowadays outstay their welcome. Play until you're sick of them seems to be the motto for a lot of games.

Danman27 said:

So you don't think it will do well. You're reasoning is that the only thing that sets it apart is it's unique atmosphere, unique setting, unique content and amazing graphics. I pose a question for you then. Aside from those four things, what else could possibly set it apart other 3rd person cover based shooters?

The game NEEDS a better gameplay pre-release reception to be safe ...

Last gen we had hardcore elitist but this gen we're getting gameplay elitists ... 

It boils down to this, "cuz teh gaem is too cinematic" excuse ...

If it turns out to be a good game, it will surprise me. At the moment, I'm not impressed at all.

4 ≈ One