By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4+FREE GAME+$20 PSN CODE = $340 PS4+CAMERA+FREE GAME = $399

Zekkyou said:
walsufnir said:

Sure they aren't doing a price cut but this deal wouldn't have happened without pressure from the competition. Surely they were doing "actions" throughout the whole year.

Of course, but I've never seen anyone claim Sony wouldn't be offering good promotions/deals during the holidays, which makes your original comment feel somewhat out of place.

People mostly talk about the (desperate) moves by MS while ignoring deals from Sony in arguments but whatever. And I guess you only mean the first sentence of my original comment and not the whole comment, don't you?

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

People mostly talk about the (desperate) moves by MS while ignoring deals from Sony in arguments but whatever. And I guess you only mean the first sentence of my original comment and not the whole comment, don't you?

I disagree with using "desperate" to describe either, but it's certainly a lot more valid towards MS than Sony. Compared to all the 180's, price-cuts and high value promotions MS have had all year long (along with the un-bundling of Kinect), Sony have done comparatively little. As i said though, i don't think either are or ever have been desperate. MS just had to fight harder to remain competitive (though both seem content with their current positions in the US for now).

And yeah, i was just talking about the first sentence ^^

LordLichtenstein said:
Yafea said:
Sony is bundling the hell out of the last of us. I like it. People needs to know this masterpiece.

Yeah, and it also kinda makes you wonder - are they planning on releasing a sequel?

If we counted the numbers (7 m PS3 + 2.3 m PS4 = over 9 m units) it's Sony’s highest selling game in the history after the gran turismo series. I'm pretty sure there'll be a sequel. Not to mention the film adaptation. 

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

I'm somewhat perplexed by all the Sony "desperation, reaction to MS" posts, when this is an AMAZON deal.

All the Xbox fans are quick to jump on this with "Sony is getting desperate" (in the vein that Sony fans talked about MS for November's strategy for XBone)......but did any of you stop to realize that this isn't official from Sony? It's a retailer specific deal. Amazon is running the promotion, not Sony.

This isn't Sony saying "hey, trade in a PS3 or 360 and we'll give you $100 toward a PS4". This isn't Sony saying "hey, buy a PS4 this month, anywhere, and you'll get any free game you want". This isn't Sony "temporarily" dropping the price to get people to buy it now thinking the price will go back up (but probably won't). 

This is Amazon doing whatever they want with the product they purchased from the manufacturer. I wish it was official. Then I could do it at Best Buy (because I have a card there :D). Apples to oranges. But good try, though, boys

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
So much for Sony doesn't do anything or don't have to :) But let's be real, of course they had to do something. Xbone has gotten a massive increase in momentum and I guess Sony underestimated MS a little bit in the holiday season. To not lose too much attention, they are doing what business requires. Also this shows how important competition is.

Sony made the TLoU+choose your own game bundle for 399. Everything else is gravy added by retailers.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Aaand it's gone on Amazon?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:

It was only for a day.

sully1311 said:
Ninsect said:

It was only for a day.

Only for a day? And that's what all the fuzz in this thread was about? With talks of desperation and all?

DerNebel said:
sully1311 said:
Ninsect said:

It was only for a day.

Only for a day? And that's what all the fuzz in this thread was about? With talks of desperation and all?

The deal is stil live on amazon. Not sure where you guys are looking at. O_o

Praise the One.