By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4+FREE GAME+$20 PSN CODE = $340 PS4+CAMERA+FREE GAME = $399

Ninsect said:

OP edit the thread title and OP to remove the amazon deal and have only the $340 deal! We need to sell this thing!!

Edit: Already done. The Force is strong with this one.

;)

Around the Network
Landguy said:

FYI, Best Buy will match it.

Just so you and a few others that seem to think that this is an Amazon thing.  THe cost of the system to amazon is about $390.  The games are only marked up $10-15 at the max, with some as little as $5.  So, why would amazon put together a deal where they lose $60+???

The answer is they don't.  THese kind of promotions are real simple.  The vendor(Sony in this case) agrees to give Amazon/Target a certain amount of $$$ per unit sold as a kickback.  That covers Amazon/Targets cost of the deal.   If they were advertising this deal as a 2 per store or it lasted for 2 hours on Amazon, then it might be made by the reseller, but these are advertised deals.

This is a vendor sponsored promotion.

Actually, the Target deal is for signing up with their Cartwheel Savings Program. That's purely on Target (like when you get a Red card and save 5%).

As for Amazon, this is vendor sponsored? Only for a day? You think Sony sent them a check for $60K (how many PS4s are in stock at any given time on Amazon? 1000?) for a 1-day promotion? And they were advertised deals? Who advertised them? You would think Sony would announce something to get you to go over to Amazon ASAP. But I saw nothing, anywhere. And the only way you knew about the deal is if you went to Amazon and clicked "PS4" and then the PS4+Camera+TLOU+Game was an option.

In fact, the only places I saw it were direct links to the item at PS4 related forums (Sony discussion on VGC and /r/PS4), so where were these advertised at? Other than Amazon itself promoting......its own promotion?

A Samsung Galaxy S5 is normally $200 down with the signing of a new 2 year contract (AT&T, Verizon) . Sprint has it for $0 down right now with a new contract . Why would Sprint have a deal where they lose $200 (AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint all have similar priced billing for the same services, so over the life of the contract, the amount you put towards owning the phone is roughly the same). They getting kickbacks from Samsung? Or is it something as simple as offering a better deal than direct competitors, by your own means, to increase sales?

thismeintiel said:
Lol, gotta laugh at the desperation of some of those within a certain fanbase to label Sony desperate. This is obviously a retailer specific bundle (something that happens every year during the holidays), hence them playing around with the price of the Camera Bundle and other stores not having the same deal. Sony also didn't announce anything, something you think they would do if they wanted to move the maximum amount of HW. Like others said, nice try.

lol You really think sony has no say in those deals?

Most of the times these deals are collaborations between the retailer and supplier.

Praise the One.

SweetTalia said:
thismeintiel said:
Lol, gotta laugh at the desperation of some of those within a certain fanbase to label Sony desperate. This is obviously a retailer specific bundle (something that happens every year during the holidays), hence them playing around with the price of the Camera Bundle and other stores not having the same deal. Sony also didn't announce anything, something you think they would do if they wanted to move the maximum amount of HW. Like others said, nice try.

lol You really think sony has no say in those deals?

Most of the times these deals are collaborations between the retailer and supplier.

Please explain and provide some evidence. Look at the post above yours for more info. There's nothing here that suggests Sony had anything to do with it other than having the TLoU+pick one game bundle (they announced that some time ago).

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

BraLoD said:
RafaelOrix said:
BraLoD said:

Oh boy, that's great!
Add it to the OP.

Wow two awesome deals (Amazon and Target). FML for not living in the USA right now lol

Seeing all those bundles in USA and Europe and seeing they trying to charge $1800 for a single PS4 here... I can barely describe all this bad feelings, lol.

Ugh, same situation here =/ Sometimes I really hate living here in Brazil. Huge taxes, incredible stupid burocracy to import something and the dollar rate hitting the higher point in 9 years. It's very prohibitive to import a console right now... and I'm dying for a PS4 right now.

Around the Network

If I were near a Target, I'd pick that up. It's not worth the time and gas for me, though. Bastards.

If I hadn't just bought an Ipad air for $320, I would have considered this.

thismeintiel said:

Even if sony did announce something, teher is a very big difference with given better value at a fixed price point to increase/maintain sales momentum from a platform that is already the dominant market leader to say, cutting out hardware from your console and dropping price by 20% then dropping the price of your platform by another 12%-18% on top of that and still bundling games all  to at least be competitive and not lose out to your primary competitor for an entire year.

That certain posters on this thread can't seem to tell the difference should tell you all you need to know about them.

i don't understand all this desperation claims apart from the "Fanboyism"

MS just "black fridayed" the whole of november with insane deals to not lose anymore ground in their biggest market and it worked,due to losing 10 NPD's in a row which was unheard of with the 360 might in the US

sony must be thanking the lord the PS4 is neck and neck in the US with last gens performance and will most likely be on top for the year in the US unless xbox has an incredible december

Above & Beyond

Deals are over? Sony are arrogant again!