By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DmC and Devil May Cry 4 Definitive Editions incoming

Heavenly_King said:
FatedReality said:

Aren't both games sold together?

I dont think so, at IGN they state that the release of DmC is on march 2015, BUT there is no release for DMC4: Special Edition.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/15/dmc-definitive-edition-and-devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-coming-to-ps4-and-xbox-one

Summer 2015.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Never played it before. Might just pick it up.

This is one of the games i believed would greatly benefit from a definitive edition. I will get it, but not at launch. I will get DMC4SE aswell.  Devil may cry is simply a faun series to play and i will gladly support it.

With that said, i want new games for both sub series. ^^

Nirvana_Nut85 said:

The problem with your logic is that instead of companies focusing their "full" resources on new I.P's or upcoming iterations in a series, they are wasting time on these quick cash ins which in turn pushes back development on other games. TLOU is a fine example. ND had gotten started nearly after the PS3 version released. Time that could have been used to focusing their full resources on UC4 or TLOU 2.

It's a win win for a select few and the companies pockets. Not those of us who purchased a console expecting "new games" with greatly improved visuals and gameplay. Not upgraded resolution and fps of last gen games.

The argument that they're using resources that could be used elsewhere is valid, but you have to remember that, as you yourself said, it's a "quick" cash in. The ratio of resource and time to money gained is far higher than that of (most) new games. That's a whole lot of money the company previously didn't have, that can now be invested both in starting new titles, as well as speeding up the development of others. Not to mention they now have experience with the new hardware, which can help them refine their engine, resulting in a more efficient development cycle (as was the case with TLOU/UC4).

It's impossible for us to know which argument "trumps" the other, so in my mind it's only reasonable to consider them flat. That just leaves us with a load of remastered versions of games for people who want them to enjoy. I consider that a win-win situation. (most of the time, anyway).

So I guess "Definitive Edition" is now an official term for current gen remasters?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

How about devs just re release all last gen games for current gen? And then next gen do the same thing?

I may be sounding bitter but remasters are simply cash grabs in my eyes.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Another remake?
c´mon... bring on the new games for the new generation

Why are they not being sold together? Ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I'm interested in both, but would prefer a GOW: Kratos Collection instead.

But... I thought 60fps was tiring for your eyes?? :(. So why the change?

Itsuno said action games that run at 60 frames per second can have a tiring effect on players' eyes after a long time because the frames themselves “almost shake or flash”. Because of this, “adjusting the speed is almost necessary”.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-05-dragons-dogma-taught-capcom-new-tricks-that-give-devil-may-cry-the-feel-of-60-frames-per-second-publisher-claims