By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are some of the niche games you're looking forward to playing?

fatslob-:O said:
Chris Hu said:

Not sure but if they are then I'm looking forward to Tales of Zestria.  Can't really think of anything else maybe the second instalment of D4 if it actually happens.

I'd consider anything that sells under a million units to be niche so yes, Tales of Zestria would probably count ...

Well it will probably sell less then a million since only three of the Tales games have crossed the one million mark so far on one console but if you include games that where on multiple consoles and digital sales the number is higher.  D4 is super niche then since it sold less then 100K so far.

Around the Network

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus

Dangan ronpa

Fairy Fencer F

Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star

Ultra Street Fighter IV

and many others.

Not sure if i will get to play it, but Rodeo and the sky soldier on Wii U looks great, i hope it makes it to the west. It looks very reminiscent of Nights

Chris Hu said:

Well it will probably sell less then a million since only three of the Tales games have crossed the one million mark so far on one console but if you include games that where on multiple consoles and digital sales the number is higher.  D4 is super niche then since it sold less then 100K so far.

I think it was a big mistake on Namco's part to not port Tales of Zestiria on the PS4 ...

They could have sold tons of units in North America since it's practically the only console with momentum and the proper audience ...

Should've taken notes from Atlus IMO ...

Seems like, unless its COD, people are calling everything niche. Then again, "hardcore gaming" also appears to be crumbling down to only FPSs - and generic military ones at that.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network
51JBerger said:
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus

Dangan ronpa

Fairy Fencer F

Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star

Ultra Street Fighter IV

and many others.

Street Fighter isnt a niche brand. The only reason the game might sell less is because the game gets diluted by unnecessary expansions.

The new Phoenix Wright game, if that's niche enough.

Splatoon of course! It looks like it could be tons of fun!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Persona 5 and Xenoblade Chronicles X (their sales suggest they're niche games).

I'm looking forward for Etrian Odyssey Mistery Dungeon.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.