By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are some of the niche games you're looking forward to playing?

Is Ori and the blind forest niche? I'm looking forward to that.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

What's niche? You mean niche by design regardless of sales (you could put some pretty high selling games in the "niche" genre) or just niche by sales (because there are games that should sell well but may not have)?

Xenoblade Chronicles X is, by design, fairly mainstream. It's a science fiction open world RPG, which are literally three pretty main stream terms. But the last Xenoblade was sub-1mil (mainly due to supply constraints, zero marketing or fanfare, and looooooong delayed and low budget localization).

No mans sky.

Nuvendil said:
What's niche? You mean niche by design regardless of sales (you could put some pretty high selling games in the "niche" genre) or just niche by sales (because there are games that should sell well but may not have)?

Xenoblade Chronicles X is, by design, fairly mainstream. It's a science fiction open world RPG, which are literally three pretty main stream terms. But the last Xenoblade was sub-1mil (mainly due to supply constraints, zero marketing or fanfare, and looooooong delayed and low budget localization).

A game that isn't getting a lot of attention.

PullusPardus said:
hinch said:
Persona 5 and Yakuza 5.

Yakuza 5 news was the biggest news for me on VGAs I waited so long for that game.

I personally missed the announcement, but was so glad to hear they were finally going to localise the game for the west. Hopefully the game will sell well enough for SEGA to consider releasing future installments here aswell.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
No mans sky.

That's pretty popular.

PullusPardus said:
Nuvendil said:

A game that isn't getting a lot of attention.

Well that kinda puts a damper on Xenoblade Chronicles X :P . 

But I'll go ahead and say Fast Racing Neo is niche by all accounts.  And I am SO looking forward to that.

PullusPardus said:
Kerotan said:
No mans sky.

That's pretty popular.

The Order 1886 then. According to everybody, nobody is getting it unless it's bargain bin!

God Eater 2 Rage Burst
Fairie Fencer Advent Dark Force
Tales of Zestiria
Yakuza 5
Hyperdevotion Noire: Godess Black Heart
Hyperdimension Neptunia V II
Disgaea 5

also Persona 5

there is way to many nice games that i want to play (that list could be 3 times as long if i included games that have already come out, but i havent bought yet).

while the AAA western games are more popular there isnt enough of them out there that im interested on (of every 10 AAA games announced i wanna play about 7 of them, but i would end up buying 4 or 6 max), the niche games on the other hand... there is just... way more of them out there (its just that people dont even know about them), and since i can get into any type of game i have been getting a lot of niche games as of late.

Kerotan said:
PullusPardus said:
Kerotan said:
No mans sky.

That's pretty popular.

The Order 1886 then. According to everybody, nobody is getting it unless it's bargain bin!

Shooters aren't niche.. and the game already has a high number of pre-orders