By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are some of the niche games you're looking forward to playing?

PullusPardus said:
estebxx said:
PullusPardus said:

True. Also you reminded me of Neptunia scene I wanted to post here. The LAN party scene.

actually im currently playing neptunia MK2, and i havent seen that scene but i do know its there because there is a trophy for it.

also the jump in quality from the first neptunia to neptunia MK2 is quite BIG, but it also helps the fact that the first neptunia was so bad XD.

How much would you rate it?

i think its a solid 7.0 it might end as a 7.6 since i havent gotten the bad ending and the true ending, and i know there are some extra chapters in the true ending route that i havent seen yet, PLUS its great to see the huge ammount of FREE DLC in the game, that also expands the playtime.

i know that a 7.0 might seem low but it isnt, 7.0 in my opinion is for a solid good game. 8 would be for a great game and 9 is for those epic games, and finally everything above 9.1 is reserved for games that left a mark for how awesome they were Zelda OoT, MGS, UC2 etc.

Things that i liked in MK2:

-Combat mode is hugely improved, not gonna go into detail since this would turn into an essay but if you played the first neptunia the gameplay changes are HUGE, i really like turn based games that let me move the characters in the combat space, it adds small strategy options for the actual combat.

-more rendered characters in the cutscenes, this niche games have the whole visual novel theme, in which the characters just sit in front of each other and text is displayed, (not much different from reading a book) but here they went an extra mile and used rendered charactes (instead of still images), and this rendered chracters actually move and reacted making it feel more like an actual cutscene, and it makes this somehow boring or tiresome "cutscenes" more enjoyable.

-the way you traverse the map is way easier and more appropiate.

-the music is far better

-better monster design (as well as bosses)

-the chirper option in the cities, provides a great ammount of videogame references and it helps to develop the characters.

Actually im gonna stop here despite the fact that i could keep going, because this would turn into a "review", but i think its safe to say that MK2 is really a HUGE improvement from the original game, i would dare say that its thanks to this that the Neptunia franchise has gotten so "big", with so many spinoff games, remakes, sequels and even an anime.

there is only two things that i didnt like about this game:

1) you unlock the original godesses very late into the game, which is sad for me becuse Noire is my favorite character.

2) there is very little option to actually change youre character appearance, it mostly is just a color swap which is very lazy, the actual clothes are for the most part DLC, im actually embarrased to complain about this... in reality i obviously didnt bought this games to dress up the characters in different clothes but im bugged from the fact that the option is there but its just very limited.

Around the Network

I think the game I'm looking forward to the most that really fits with the idea of Niche would be Atelier Shallie.