By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The fox engine is awesome. As a pc mainly person. I think it is better than any other engine so far.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
zero129 said:
Kerotan said:
errorpwns said:

No monitor? Sorry it would cost me more if I wanted to buy a PS4 from scratch. No couch, no tv, no tv stand/wall mount!

your average person will have a tv but not a monitor. most people i know have a tv in their room but i don't know too many with a monitor. 

Good then why cant they just hook their PC up to their tv in ther bedroom and use that??

i'm sure they can but then isn't it a waste making a PC that runs games at 4K. Because that's all the rage nowadays with PC gamers. 

A budget PC that is competing with consoles will not be playing most games at 4k (maybe 1440p though.) Framerate, AA (such as Supersampling), graphics mods, and higher quality  effects are all reasons to purchase a budget gaming PC over a console if we are talking solely about visuals and performance. My cheap 1080p monitor which I bought three years ago only supports 60 hz, while my television supports 120 hz. It is nice to play certain games at 120 fps on my television, for example. 

Just from those two screens, there definitely do seem to be more lights and shadows (first screen) on PC. And maybe objects in the distance seem a bit more clearer. But nothing to say PC is miles ahead.
Furthermore, It shouldn't really be a point of how much PC is ahead since it's a given that it *will* be ahead by some level, but how well does the PS4 hold up compared to it. Ofcourse PS4 holds up surprisingly well here.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

They both look identical.

I'm truly surprised how big the difference is. I was under the impression devs dont give a damn about PC games these days.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Kane1389 said:
Judging from these shots, the PC version has a stronger light on Big Boss shoulder and few more spotlights

...hope that 700$ graphic card was worth it !

Now im pretty sure that people with nice or even mid range GPU's will be enjoying this game and many other multi plat games looking much better then PS4 but hey no need to be salty about that i bet you will be able to point out huge differences between PS4 and X1 version hey?

Yeah with all the latest PC games like Unity, Watch Dogs and Evil Within needing up to 6GBs RAM and 2GB GPU as a minimal requirement, im sure the mid range PC owners will have a blast playing this .

You're trying a bit too hard as of late

Kane1389 said:
zero129 said:
Kane1389 said:
Judging from these shots, the PC version has a stronger light on Big Boss shoulder and few more spotlights

Now im pretty sure that people with nice or even mid range GPU's will be enjoying this game and many other multi plat games looking much better then PS4 but hey no need to be salty about that i bet you will be able to point out huge differences between PS4 and X1 version hey?

Yeah with all the latest PC games like Unity, Watch Dogs and Evil Within needing up to 6GBs RAM and 2GB GPU as a minimal requirement, im sure the mid range PC owners will have a blast playing this .

They will. Minimal requirement doesn't mean they have to run the game at the lowest settings.  My 560ti could do 30fps 900p easily on PS4-like settings with 1GB vram. On the newest titles. Not the old ones. In older titles it does even better.

I feel like this has been posted before...Also PS4 version is 60 FPS.

But yes, I'm not surprised that the PC version looks better, but I'd still buy the next MG games on PS4 because of a larger userbase. Happy to see the game on more platforms though.

Kane1389 said:
zero129 said:
Kane1389 said:

8 GB Ram is a standard for a new PC, and all mid-ranged cards have 2 GB of ram at the least. A standard mid-ranged card like the r9 270 ($150 card) can play Unity at high settings, locked 30 fps, 1080p. The PS4 version of Unity drops  to 20fps (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-assassins-creed-unity-performance-analysis ) at 1600 * 900, and I'm pretty sure the effects are equivalent to PC's high. 

zero129 said:
This comment made my lulz on gaf
"the predictable reactions of some PS4 fans that can detect "huge" differences from a mile away in PS4/XB1 threads but become blind as bats the minute they step into a PS4/PC thread" cos its so true

Reading some of the PS4 fans reactions on gaf has been pure Gold cant wait for the GTA5 PC release where the will be lots more Gold and damn id love if FF15 launchs at the same time on console and PC

So true. Gotta love reading the blindness, it's so amusing.