By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Kirin_gaming said:

zero129 said:
This comment made my lulz on gaf
"the predictable reactions of some PS4 fans that can detect "huge" differences from a mile away in PS4/XB1 threads but become blind as bats the minute they step into a PS4/PC thread" cos its so true

O_O

Yeah, I have always found those comments really baffling.I once showed AC4 at 4k vs PS4 version, most responses were "it looks the same", or looks hardly better, but when it came to the PS4 and XB1 version, the differences were "really sinificant."

Really makes you wonder what's wrong with some people's eyes.

Nothing's wrong with their eyes necessarily, they are just biased.

Around the Network

Wait a minute, I am late to this party; but is anyone somehow expecting the PC version to not look better than the PS4 version?

This makes as much sense comparing the same game running on the PS4 and the wiiU. I doubt anyone will ever go out and buy a PS4 for the sole reason of having games running on it better than it could run on a PC.

Well nice thread i hope you include some reference from Digital foundry, or there will be some backlash latter on .

zero129 said:
Lawlight said:
Looks the same.

Yep clearly they both look the exact same.

The PC screens are clearly superior here, though I wonder if this is more to do with these PC screenshots being from a newer revision of the game. Or were the screens for PS4 and PC taken from the same revision?

HollyGamer said:
Well nice thread i hope you include some reference from Digital foundry, or there will be some backlash latter on .

What sort of backslash are you referring to?

Around the Network

I'll build my next PC next year and equip it to slightly exceed PS4, just to future-proof it for the whole gen, but considering my current HW (Athlon 5050e, 4GB DDR2 ECC and R7 250 with 1GB GDDR5) I'd already be more than happy with PS4 quality.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

the pc version looks minimal better and the second pic ps4 even wins, for some reason the rain splatter isnt rendered at all on the pc version. I dont see there a reason to buy a pc to play console games especially for a game that runs at 60 frames anyways.
Yes there are some games who are worth playing them on the pc due to extra effect like alice madness returns or mirrors edge who use physix and lost planet 1 who uses dx10 fur. But other than that majority of games are based on the console.
Not worth to buy a pc and having issues with drm, no used games, windows and overpriced hardware.

PS4 version will run at 60 frames in 1080p and cost you what ?400 bucks.

Ruler said:

the pc version looks minimal better

It's a matter of "your mileage may vary".

curl-6 said:
Ruler said:

the pc version looks minimal better

It's a matter of "your mileage may vary".

yes its minimal , if you take the entire 1080p picture its minimal difference 

looks slightly better on pc, but the ps4 mgs5 box will look a lot better for my playstation collection.

Different priorities!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5