By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I've seen these pictures months ago, and I do notice that the PC does have a slight edge on the PS4 version. Now, excluding certain things, most of the details are identical on both versions. And honestly, I rather get the PS4 version since it can still manage to produce some sweet graphics. Sure, PC outperforms PS4 in some aspects and not globally. So I'm not gonna spend $500-600 or more on building a PC just to play a slightly enhanced version.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Kane1389 said:
zero129 said:
Kane1389 said:
Judging from these shots, the PC version has a stronger light on Big Boss shoulder and few more spotlights

...hope that 700$ graphic card was worth it !

Now im pretty sure that people with nice or even mid range GPU's will be enjoying this game and many other multi plat games looking much better then PS4 but hey no need to be salty about that i bet you will be able to point out huge differences between PS4 and X1 version hey?

Yeah with all the latest PC games like Unity, Watch Dogs and Evil Within needing up to 6GBs RAM and 2GB GPU as a minimal requirement, im sure the mid range PC owners will have a blast playing this .

You're trying a bit too hard as of late

Indeed you are ..

We all know them specs are far overstated as can be seen with people with much lower specs playing the games just fine...

See I've been noticing this trend you pointed out earlier a lot more often, whenever it;s a PS4 vs XB1 thread/comparisson the PS4 users will automatically point out the advantage they have, the value of money and the graphical output, yet whenever a PC spec or user steps into the ring the PS4 users go into complete denial mode and act as if there's no difference and yet days to weeks to months ago they were doing the exact same to Wii U and Xb1 users alike, I find their double standards interesting, I see weakness in those willing to impose blindness to defend the brand they pledged to, I'm not even a PC master race kind of fellow but I do know the facts that the PC can indeed give more output than a console can, these days I'm a multiplat user, I go where exclusives are and play multiplats on my PC.

I also noticed the same user that quoted you had no replied to me and also pointed evidence of required specs to you from the same devs that do poor jobs for PC ports and work towards PC versions in general, again another effect of blindness being forced as a means of defence.

I like it how last gen the PS3 users felt like they had lost some kind of pointless war and now they feel they are winning they get to gloat, whenever any sign of their victory is impeaded by something not of their brand they will instantly downplay it in fear of feeling the same as what happened last gen, almost as if they have a sort of viatnam syndrome, complete with flashbacks which control their emotions when faced with facts.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Are we going to ignore the advantages a PC has in terms of its hardware & ignore the design cost limitations of the PS4? Of course the PC version will look better but pointing out a supposed double standard for PS owners just shows a lack of context: the XOne & PS4 are on a equal playing field in terms of their specs, PC's rigs can be upgraded..

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

PC version of a game looks better? this must be a first time !!!

I have it on ps4 and this is by far the worst game i bought in terms of graphics, i was super dissapointed when i started playing it, its 60 fps yes but i expected much better to be honest, face quality is meh, textures have poor quality , i see the pc pictures in the OP and they could easy achive that in ps4 in a patch if they wanted it.

pc have those reflections and lightning is better and have more grass, i believe they can add that to ps4 and still maintain 60fps

btw: the port of this  game on xboxone is garbage , its like they didnt even tried and the problem is not the xbox its them being lazy.

I have it on PS4 too and I think the graphics are very good. MGS has a diff style to your average game so maybe it's not too your liking. 

ANother benefit to playing on PS4 is you will have the biggest section of the MGS community to play with and it will last a lot longer than other platforms. 

Very noticeable improvement to lighting and reflections on PC over PS4.

Around the Network
vivster said:
So much for PC superiority. They're both just running at 2 frames per post.

If your stare at them for lets say a minute they just run at  1/60 of a frame per second because you just see the same frame for the whole minute and nothing changes :)

For people saying they don't see the difference/they look identical - FFS, follow provided links and use the slider - if even after that you stick to your claims, you really need to, at least, check your eyes.

Every game made for PS4 and X1 is PC safe, since the hardware for those consoles is basically the same as you use when you code for PC. If a port is bad for a PS4 or X1 game the developers are just lazy, the only real problem i've run in to with PC ports for games this gen though is the bad keyboard and mouse support, but since metal gear, just like dark souls should be played with a pad this wont be a problem.

Troll_Whisperer said:
One little thing. The game is already 60fps on PS4.

And the fox engine is a beast. This and PT are the most impressive things I've seen, and apparently they don't even need that much processing power, looking at the required PC specs.

If they make a really good port, low end PCs will be able to play this with 360 and PS3 graphics.

zero129 said:
This comment made my lulz on gaf
"the predictable reactions of some PS4 fans that can detect "huge" differences from a mile away in PS4/XB1 threads but become blind as bats the minute they step into a PS4/PC thread" cos its so true

O_O

Yeah, I have always found those comments really baffling.I once showed AC4 at 4k vs PS4 version, most responses were "it looks the same", or looks hardly better, but when it came to the PS4 and XB1 version, the differences were "really sinificant."

Really makes you wonder what's wrong with some people's eyes.