By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS 5 PC vs PS4

Hiku said:
errorpwns said:
Hiku said:
zero129 said:
This comment made my lulz on gaf
"the predictable reactions of some PS4 fans that can detect "huge" differences from a mile away in PS4/XB1 threads but become blind as bats the minute they step into a PS4/PC thread" cos its so true

To be fair, it's a lot easier to notice differences when the entire screen is blurry in one version. You don't have to look for anything specific then.
I didn't notice the reflection in the puddle until I read some of the comments. I only noticed that the PC version had better lighting. Didn't see the difference in draw distance until I saw your gif either.

Anyway, the PC version will naturally look better on a high end PC.
It'll be interesting to see the differences when the game is finished.

Please quit saying it will look better on a high end pc. It will look better on a much cheaper mid range pc too. Grasping at straws much?

Angry much? I was stating the obviosu and said nothing about mid range PC as the game is far from out yet, as that's just speculation. You never know what the minimum requirements will be until the full game is out. Remember The Evil Within? Minimum i7 CPU and 4GB VRAM on top of 4GB regular RAM. That's not something you'll find in your avarage mid ranged PC. And let's not forget Assassin's Creed Unity. The lazy port with even higher minimum requirements. And this demo has been accused of being a lazy port as well by people. Relax.

The engine demo runs better than the PS4 on a 400-500 dollar system. The engine won't require pricey hardware. By the time MGS 5 actually comes out you will be able to get even better hardware at that 400-500 dollar range. If you're not ignorant of course.'

Max settings, solid 60fps. On a 780. It gets 30fps at 4k. Which is 4 times the resolution. The 780 is a 300 dollar or under GPU now. At the PS4 settings a far cheaper card can run this game at 60fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jFdwMVxTtU

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX0y7Of2_J8

Look a 250-300 dollar system could run this at the PS4 level. Turn down some settings and bam 60fps with the visuals of the PS4 if not more. Needing a 800 dollar system. Man that's great. In what universe??

Around the Network

It won't run on any of my PCs. So it will definitely look better on PS4 in my home.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Hiku said:
errorpwns said:
Hiku said:
errorpwns said:

Please quit saying it will look better on a high end pc. It will look better on a much cheaper mid range pc too. Grasping at straws much?

Angry much? I was stating the obviosu and said nothing about mid range PC as the game is far from out yet, as that's just speculation. You never know what the minimum requirements will be until the full game is out. Remember The Evil Within? Minimum i7 CPU and 4GB VRAM on top of 4GB regular RAM. That's not something you'll find in your avarage mid ranged PC. And let's not forget Assassin's Creed Unity. The lazy port with even higher minimum requirements. And this demo has been accused of being a lazy port as well by people. Relax.

The engine demo runs better than the PS4 on a 400-500 dollar system. The engine won't require pricey hardware. By the time MGS 5 actually comes out you will be able to get even better hardware at that 400-500 dollar range. If you're not ignorant of course.'

Max settings, solid 60fps. On a 780. It gets 30fps at 4k. Which is 4 times the resolution. The 780 is a 300 dollar or under GPU now. At the PS4 settings a far cheaper card can run this game at 60fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jFdwMVxTtU

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX0y7Of2_J8

Look a 250-300 dollar system could run this at the PS4 level. Turn down some settings and bam 60fps with the visuals of the PS4 if not more. Needing a 800 dollar system. Man that's great. In what universe??

The first video is run on a I7-4770K which go for around $330 on Amazon. And a Gigabyte GTX 780 3GB Windforce OC, which go for around $600 on Amazon. Add the 8 GB RAM, harddrive, motherboard, etc, and it adds up to quite a bit more money than the cost of a PS4, which is $400 on Amazon. If that's mid range to you, then I'm not going to get sucked into that debate, and just say that that's not what I had in mind as it's quite expensive.

The second video runs the game at roughly 35 fps on average. And that's without engaging a single enemy in combat. No gunfire, explosions or any multiple effects going on at once in the video, which is where the framerate is really tested. Since the PS4 runs the game at a stable 60 fps, and we haven't seen a side by side comparison of the draw distance, lighting, reflections, etc, I can't even say if it looks as good as the PS4 version now, let alone if you turn down the settings to get the framerate up to 60.

And honestly, this isn't a debate I'm particularly interested in digging deep into. Because you took what I said the wrong way, as I wasn't incinuating anything. Just sticking to what's obvious, and because the comparison test was seemingly done on a high end PC. That's what I was refering to. Maybe there will be mid ranged PC's in the price range of a PS4 that can run the game just as well or better when the full game comes out. But I'd rather see a side by side comparison in that case when the game is finalized and optimized.

The second video doesn't even require side by side. It's quite clear it has more going on.  You weren't sticking to the obvious. It doesn't require an 800 dollar system at all. Not even close. The engine this game runs is highly PC optimized. The 780 is a 300 dollar or less video card. The 970 is better and at the 320 dollar price range. That and ebay has them for 230-300. Your system doesn't have to be new. You're being very closed minded. Anyways once again. If a 300 dollar system can do it. then a 400 dollar system will for sure make the PS4 look wimpy. You said 800, I gave an option for 300 that runs it like the PS4 (better actually) and you still cry around saying it's this or that.