By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
errorpwns said:
Kerotan said:
zero129 said:

Yep clearly they both look the exact same.

the diff in those pics remind me of the GTA V PS4/X1 comparison. It's like the same gap between them is now the gap between PS4 and PC high end. 

A mid end PC could run that.  WIth a budget of 450-600 dollars it can happen. Doesn't need to be high end. PC hardware is limited by the devs. Not the consoles. A game done exclusively for the PC, tailored towards high end hardware could make it look as if you were comparing a Dreamcast to a PS4.

more like a budget of 800$. There is a thread on reddit about how to built a PC for the price of a console and get as good if not better performance. I read through it and it's hilarious because every PC set up they make that would be powerful enough to do things a little bit better than a PS4 costs 800$ plus. 

As I said I didn't notice the difference until you pointed it out and if I was playing the game I certainly wouldn't. I see you are finding it hilarious the reactions on GAF. I'm glad you're enjoying those because with games like GTA you'd want a little something to enjoy after being Paddy last to get the game. GTA is one of my fav series ever. I can't imagine haven't to wait that long to get it. 

EDIT: Just so you know I've a pretty powerful PC for my work and it cost almost 3 grand 2 years ago. If I really cared about something I barely notice and if getting many games late or with terrible optimization didn't bother me I might actually use it for games. Oh and I'd need to move it ou of my work room and connect it to my 55" TV in the living room. 

I've also got a very good alienware and don't game on it either. I said this a while back and somebody asked for pics. I'm getting the Sony Z3 for xmas so i'll be able to take pics of them then. Makes me laugh when people with less powerful PC's than me try and brag about a game on the PC. It's like I couldn't do what they do and probably more if I wanted. 

Around the Network

Damn, you really changed after you got your first moderation Zero.

OH NO SH#T! the guys who payed more for better hardware are getting the better version of the game who could have guessed!...

call me when you get to play all the new games and upcoming games in ultra for 400 bucks, because even though there is a difference there its not worth the 200 or 300 extra dollars for a gaming pc, at least not for me, i would rather just use that money for a 3DS or a WII U.

Kerotan said:
errorpwns said:
Kerotan said:
zero129 said:

Yep clearly they both look the exact same.

the diff in those pics remind me of the GTA V PS4/X1 comparison. It's like the same gap between them is now the gap between PS4 and PC high end. 

A mid end PC could run that.  WIth a budget of 450-600 dollars it can happen. Doesn't need to be high end. PC hardware is limited by the devs. Not the consoles. A game done exclusively for the PC, tailored towards high end hardware could make it look as if you were comparing a Dreamcast to a PS4.

more like a budget of 800$. There is a thread on reddit about how to built a PC for the price of a console and get as good if not better performance. I read through it and it's hilarious because every PC set up they make that would be powerful enough to do things a little bit better than a PS4 costs 800$ plus. 

As I said I didn't notice the difference until you pointed it out and if I was playing the game I certainly wouldn't. I see you are finding it hilarious the reactions on GAF. I'm glad you're enjoying those because with games like GTA you'd want a little something to enjoy after being Paddy last to get the game. GTA is one of my fav series ever. I can't imagine haven't to wait that long to get it. 

Not even close to 800. Not sure what builds they're making, but a 600 dollar build can easily outmatch a PS4. Sorry to ruin your false narrative. 

errorpwns said:

Not even close to 800. Not sure what builds they're making, but a 600 dollar build can easily outmatch a PS4. Sorry to ruin your false narrative. 

this is straight from the horses mouth. If I was to build a gaming PC from scratch with no monitor or anything it would cost me 800$ plus and I'd wanna be able to use this thing for more than just gaming. The diff you get for the extra price is not worth it. ANd i'd be constantly having to upgrade to fit the needs of many games such as a few by ubi lately. I'd rather buy a console for $400 and upgrade it by buying the next console 8 years later. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
errorpwns said:

this is straight from the horses mouth. If I was to build a gaming PC from scratch with no monitor or anything it would cost me 800$ plus and I'd wanna be able to use this thing for more than just gaming. The diff you get for the extra price is not worth it. ANd i'd be constantly having to upgrade to fit the needs of many games such as a few by ubi lately. I'd rather buy a console for $400 and upgrade it by buying the next console 8 years later. 

No monitor? Sorry it would cost me more if I wanted to buy a PS4 from scratch. No couch, no tv, no tv stand/wall mount!

zero129 said:

It makes me laugh when a person can be in so much denial over 1 game i can only imagine how your going to feel when you see PC users playing GTA5 on PC and it looks like a whole other game compared to the X1 and PS4 version. I also have to laugh with how much you to try and downplay PC gaming as being this hard expensive thing to get into and then continue to brag about how you got a $3000 PC and an alienware but dont use them cos PC gaming is too much of a hassle, Could you even be any less subtile in your agenda of down playing eveything PC??.

I bet you noticed the difference between GTA 5 X1 and Ps4 versions no problem hey?.

i did notice them because they were pointed out on gifs. But if I bought bought versions and played them the way you generally play a game i'd notice nothing. that's the facy opf the matter. same with this tiny diff vs the ps4 version. 

GTA 4 has a shit load of mods and looks a diff came to gta 4 on consoles. didn't stop me enjoying it on consoles. and that gta 4 ps3 port was shocking bad, they had a lot of dev problems. 

Think of the diff between BF3 on the PS3 and BF4 on the PS4. That is huge and after almost a year playing BF4 i decided to go back to bf3 on the ps3 and get the last few trophies. first thought was the graphics are terrible now. but after a week of playing the online i'm used to them and they seem ok. (even though they're not). 

My point is I'd rather play GTA 5 with the other 30M that first played it on the PS3/360 and it looks absolutely fine graphically for a game. I can't imagine having to wait 1 year and 4 months to play it on PC and then even longer for these mods to release. I'd have to be a serious graphic whore to do that. Graphics are nice but the graphics the PS4 and X1 give us are more than enough for most gamers. Don't forget your average PC is weaker than a console so  the graphics arguement is only applied to the PC elite. 

Another thing is people were getting the X1 for effectively $250 this year so that makes it look even better to a PC. Money is not a problem for me as you know but for the average  gamer building a PC is an unattractive option for them. 

errorpwns said:

No monitor? Sorry it would cost me more if I wanted to buy a PS4 from scratch. No couch, no tv, no tv stand/wall mount!

your average person will have a tv but not a monitor. most people i know have a tv in their room but i don't know too many with a monitor. 

My PC cost me $550 before $70 worth of rebates (if I included an OS, I had a free OS from my school), and it outperforms the PS4 in most games. My games are also cheaper. In the long run I will save thousands by gaming on PC rather than PS4, and that is even with my plans to upgrade my current $60 CPU to a $200 one next year (will put the $60 CPU in a media build for my mom.) So....

zero129 said:
Kerotan said:
errorpwns said:

your average person will have a tv but not a monitor. most people i know have a tv in their room but i don't know too many with a monitor. 

Good then why cant they just hook their PC up to their tv in ther bedroom and use that??

i'm sure they can but then isn't it a waste making a PC that runs games at 4K. Because that's all the rage nowadays with PC gamers.